CANCELLED: Late Late delayed Christmas Night Ride to Bognor 29/01/10

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hillclimber

Flying Dodo said:
Oh yes, most definitely not a FNRttC, as it's not CTC. So don't go expecting all the splendid service that's usually available.

Anyone else?
Yes please, Its far too long to wait for next years fnrttc's. I'm looking forward to 18 dec weather permitting. The route looks good too!

hillclimber said:
Yes please, Its far too long to wait for next years fnrttc's. I'm looking forward to 18 dec weather permitting. The route looks good too!

You're on the list. According to family I've got out in Wyoming, recently they had 18 degrees - Fahrenheit that is. It's warmed up a bit since so it's around freezing point there now.

Hopefully for this ride, the traditional warm spell we get around Christmas will have arrived.

clivedb

Guru
Flying Dodo said:
So far, it's the 9 10 shown above!

However normal service standards apply ie no-one left behind and there'll be regular stops as required.

That's enough reassurance for me to go onto the list for this, please Adam.

Less bugger Bognor and more bugger Xmas shopping...

LouiseL

Hello, this sounds good. Can I join you please. I'm unfortunately having to miss the last FNRttC so this would help make up for that.

A little advance notice. If you have a Railcard and buy your ticket online on the Southern website, singles from Bognor to Victoria can be had for between £3 & £4.50 depending upon the timing of train on a Saturday.

This compares with a minimum of £10.40 from Bognor to East Croydon. Which is 2 stops before Victoria.

A bargain Adam! I bought a ticket although I don't even know if I can ride yet...
;)
50 riding you reckon? 60 maybe?

Pease Pottage hot, pease Pottage cold,
Pease Pottage in the pot, nine days old;
Some like it hot, some like it cold,
Some like it in the pot, nine days old.
;)

Aperitif said:
50 riding you reckon? 60 maybe?

Ha ha - another joke! ;)

It will be a small, select group, perhaps 15 or so. And if it's raining, none!

Something regarding the trains. The only disadvantage is that you're tied to a specific train. However, I have bought Advance tickets from other train companies before which didn't state a train time, so I don't know if the Southern ones do. Also, for those advance tickets, they state you can't break the journey, so if anyone wanted to get off before Victoria, the trick would be to also buy an advance single from Victoria. For example, Victoria to East Croydon is £1.70.

10:30 me.;)
Probably busy on the day Mick, but who knows? (I'm the last person to know what I'm doing!)
Besides, I broke my rear 14 cog this morning...haven't changed gear since Whitstable :hyper: - suppose I was asking for it really.;)
Now pedalling on a 39x15 - until that breaks!:biggrin:

TimO

Guru
Flying Dodo said:
The route is here. 73.5 miles with about 2,800 feet of climbing (and descending) ...

Eek! I'm back on the Singlespeed, since the Kaffenback is a bit poorly, and Sid is a better choice in this weather anyway, less to go wrong.

Ah well, I've certainly done the Brighton FNRttC route on Sid several times, and the only place that caused me any problems was Ditchling. I've got 44x18 on him, so that 65" isn't too bad compared to what the fixie crowd tend to use.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
weather and legs permitting I'll pootle my way back, certainly as far as Haslemere for the train from there.

Tis my birthday on the 17th so I'm allowed a pass as a treat:biggrin:

Top Bottom