cancelled Wiggle heads-ups

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I ususally check wiggle first, CRC second. Merlin Cycles and Sigma are my backups. I am fairly certain my debit card was spoofed during transactions with the latter two although this is personal experience only (and may have been coincidence).
I never use a debit card for online retailers (well almost never)!

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Never had a problem with Wiggle. They still seem resonable price wise. But I always pay with PayPal. 😊

DSK

About 15 or so years ago I used to use Wiggle for everything. Their prices on a few items I wanted were eye brow raising higher than CR and Tredz so I just bought from CR and Tredz.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I take it all back. Got a new tyre from them this morning and low and behold - a bag of Haribos

Unfortunately, Mini-Me swooped in like a seagull and stole them

Smthers

Über Member
Rarely use wiggle these day, and then only if I can’t get from elsewhere. Agree with the comment about Aeron kit, with their close to Castelli pricing. Who do they think they are? :laugh:

Returns are a bit sketchy too, I had a right battle with them last time returning a set of mudguards where the silicone straps had perished - had to quote sale of goods act to chivvy them up. Very poor.

Most recent purchases have been PlanetX, Evans, and even Halfords believe it or not. Used to use Tredz but even they’ve gone off the boil.

dodgy

What is this 'wiggle heads up' you're talking about, it's not at all clear from reading this thread.

OP
OP
youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
What is this 'wiggle heads up' you're talking about, it's not at all clear from reading this thread.
The daily emails I'd agreed to receive from Wiggle promoting their current 'sales' and 'offers', and new products.

Might be a case of prices hitting rock bottom, companies needing to actually make some money(some online sites sell parts for less than cost price) and things like build kits (which are sometimes used as parts )being less readilly available.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I still use Wiggle on occasions although their prices are less competitive nowadays. In my experience I never find anything cheaper at Evans... maybe it's just my luck. Tredz are pretty good on prices but a lot of the times I've bought from them I get an email saying they are waiting for delivery of the product themselves which is a bit annoying but you are given the option to cancel your order.

Top Bottom