Cancer treatment re-started (self induglent thread :) )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Now I did admit this is self indulgent :smile:
Its 18 months and 4 operations ago when I found I had bladder cancer.
Every 6 months I have a camera up my Johnson:whistle:....followed by a series of treatments called BCG where they basically pump Tuberculosis virus into the bladder..........this apparently makes the bladder react/defend itself and fights the return of the tumour.
The treatment makes you feel like s^%&e for 3 days.........this goes on for 3 weeks.
Anyway.........I had my treatment on Friday.
As normal Friday disappears in a load of pain and feeling sorry for yourself........Saturday was very possitive-I was feeling better/sooner.
TODAY............I went for a 22 miler..........brilliant.
Well.........I was pleased anyway^_^.
Apparently the reaction to the treatment is sometimes so bad that over 50% of people can't complete the 3 year course...............I feel priviledged that am one of the fortunate ones.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Much respect and best wishes Dave.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
FIL has had the same and he is 82 it's like water of a dual 's back to him now. Keep up the positive vibes........

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Isn't medicine amazing sometimes? I wonder how they discovered that one. Best wishes to you Dave7.
Yes...........I've often thought (since being diagnosed)......who the hell thought of pumping tuberculosis into someone to cure cancer......wierd.

TreeHuggery

Well done :bicycle:not self indulgent at all - just really nice to hear your doing so well

xxDarkRiderxx

Veteran
Dave, Congratulations it's all about your mental attitude. As a cyclist you are used to suffering and having the mental attitude to continue whatever the terrain throws at you. I am a fellow cancer survivor who should be dead really. and all my friends and family say it's my attitude that has got me through.

Ride on my friend ride on.
:boxing:

Top Bottom