Cannondale Cyclocross CAADX 2013-2016 fork Recall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guz280

I am one of those that had the recall on the fork for the Cannondale Cyclocross CAADX 2013-2016 model.
As you can see from the picture my bicycle is a matt black but Cannondale sent me a glossy & different shape fork.
After around 7 months trying to get the proper fork, Cannondales reply at the end was
"This is the one and only fork we have for the recall, one fork fits all." They also sent a diagram showing the difference in the fork geometry/shape etc.
I am warning the people that are thinking of buying a Cannondale to think again about it as the service is really bad. Never expected this from such a big company as Cannondale.
I was in the process of purchasing a Cannondale lefty but now definitely not. I will never buy a Cannondale ever again.

https://cyclingindustry.news/cannondale-recalls-forks-on-cyclocross-caadx-2013-2016/

Attachments

• Replacement fork vs Original fork.jpg
    Replacement fork vs Original fork.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 194

Milkfloat

An Peanut
You could just ride the old fork and inspect it regularly. Have you been cheeky and asked Cannondale for a new frame to match the fork?

Or you could just wash and polish your bike to make it match the new fork. Or, you can leave the fork and it'll get just as grubby as your bike and no-one will notice.

I really don't see your point., but obviously you feel strong enough to slag off Cannondale, to come and open a new account make your one and only post a bitch session.

DRM

Guru
That went well :okay: now what would I rather have, a white knuckle ride wondering if today’s the day my fork snaps, or mismatched paint and get home in one piece, bit of a no brainier really.

Yup, out with the T-Cut and match the frame to the new fork.
Glossy usually easier to clean anyhow, IME...

Top Bottom