Cannondale Quick............anyone got one? any thoughts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Looking to sell my road bike & hard tail and get one good 'all rounder'.
I do mainly road but also paths eg Penine Way. The Quick has 7 variations..........all the way up to full carbon.
My 2 bikes are good spec models (Giant Defy 2 carbon & Giant Talon 1) and I want one good bike to replace them.
As I've got older I find it harder to do the distances..........mainly aches at top of my back and in my neck.
I sat on one in the dealership today and I felt it was very relaxed and comfortable.
Just wondering if anyone has definite views on it.
Thanks

I would try and get to the bottom of those issues first. The Defy 2 has a relaxed geometry ...the other bikes are flat bar bikes - don't make the mistake of assuming that a more upright position will be more comfortable . A sit on one in a shop doesn't tell you a great deal imo.

Whats your general flexibility like ? - could you enrol on a stretch or yoga class , or pay for a bike fit. Probably not what you want to hear but I don't see a new bike solving your problems.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I would try and get to the bottom of those issues first. The Defy 2 has a relaxed geometry ...the other bikes are flat bar bikes - don't make the mistake of assuming that a more upright position will be more comfortable . A sit on one in a shop doesn't tell you a great deal imo.

Whats your general flexibility like ? - could you enrol on a stretch or yoga class , or pay for a bike fit. Probably not what you want to hear but I don't see a new bike solving your problems.
Appreciate your comments and agree with them.
TBH, age 71, I do less mileage nowadays so want a "do it all" for roads and paths.
I had a bike fit (from the Cannondale store) and the result was excellent.
I have a very old back injury which doesn't help so need all the help I can get.
BTW I see a physio and do regular stretching exercises.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
@Dave7 Did you end up buying a Canondale Quick is it any good?
Hi. Only just noticed your post.
I had a good test ride on the Quick followed by 2 test rides on a Whyte Sterling.
To me (and of course its only mho) the Sterling edged it. To me it was/is a smoother ride.
What I did notice was on my normal 10 mile circuit the speed** was virtually the same as on the Diant Defy but obviously a smoother more comfortable ride.
**I definitely did not "go for it".....just the normal effort.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
@Dave7 Did you end up buying a Canondale Quick is it any good?
I should add that the week after I got the bike my back went so I couldn't ride for ages. Then myself, my cycling buddy and my wife all got the flu. That knocked me out for 2 months but with my younger, fitter mate it tutned into pneumonia**
Then with the NHS crisis I made the decision not to cycle.
**we all think we had the C Virus though most "experts" say it can't have been.
ANYWAY........all that it to say I have not given it reall tests as the longest ride was a 30 miler.

Top Bottom