Cannondale Supersix 105 Wheel upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Currently have the RS11 standard wheels on looking to upgrade my wheels and have a budget of £600, and looking for recommendations of what wheels to put on.

All advice greatly received.

winjim

Smash the cistern
What would you consider to be an upgrade? Lighter, more aero, more durable, more serviceable? Have you noticed any issues with your current wheels? How and where do you ride? Long distance, commuting, racing? Smooth surfaces, potholes, off-road?

Personally whatever you need I'd go for something handbuilt (easily serviceable) and with a higher spoke count. I've recently seen the result of a 16 spoke front wheel being in collision with a cat, and it ain't pretty. No idea what became of the cat.

I'd also recommend you read over some of the recent New Wheels threads. That way you might get some context for the repiles that may be about to come...

OP
OP
S

SK1PPER

Thank You for your reply looking at a more aero wheel, for a few sprint duathlons but also looking at a few 40 mile sportives over the winter, my wheels I have will be ok for my Sunday morning rides over the winter but know looking at being a bit competitive and racing.

Novatec jetfly come in at 325 via wiggle, one of the world's best hub makers with attractive and modern rims attached. Weight under 1500g the pair... Spend the remainder on a slap up binge at Mrs Miggins Pie Shop.

OP
OP
S

SK1PPER

Top Bottom