Canonbie Road SE23

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
I have read a little about this road on cycling sites and tried it on Monday.
Is there a "normal" direction to cycle up it ? I went up Tyson Road and across Honour Oak Road. I managed 3/4 of it before my legs gave up. Coming down was a bit hairy, bend in the road and bad road surface. I was glad I adjusted my rear brakes at the weekend.
How can I work out how steep it is ?

If you've got a smart phone with GPS try one of the apps (I use Endomondo) otherwise a site like MapMyWalk will help.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I have read a little about this road on cycling sites and tried it on Monday.
Is there a "normal" direction to cycle up it ? I went up Tyson Road and across Honour Oak Road. I managed 3/4 of it before my legs gave up. Coming down was a bit hairy, bend in the road and bad road surface. I was glad I adjusted my rear brakes at the weekend.
How can I work out how steep it is ?

Alternatively, you could look at the 18% gradient sign at the Honor Oak Road end :biggrin:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Can...8IWsQxOrCH_1jpRPgw&cbp=11,236.07,,1,6.05&z=20

There are some proper naughty little hills around there. I've done it from both ends and from what I remember your way was painful in a sharp knife-in-the-thighs kind of way and the other way left me with legs so completely rubberised I had to stop and sit on the pavement for about 15 minutes.

Top Bottom