Can't be arsed to cook properly tonight, so it's junk food time.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Some fairly grotty tomatoes stickered at 29p in the Co-Op, but they will fry up ok. Ribeye steak on special offer - one will do nicely for two - just need to make sure it's properly rested. Co-Op bagged salad at £1 eliminates waste. No stickered mushrooms, but I'll go for it and pay the whole 99p. Chips and onion rings - in freezer, but will do some fried onions anyway. Co-op Ceasar Dressing in fridge and a lot better than most bottles of it.

Brace of raspberry jam doughnuts for pudding, and a stickered bit of blue camembert at 59p will go nicely with the remains of the celery and some cream crackers.

You don't want to live for ever, do you?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
We don't want you to live forever.

We'd die of boredom if you lived forever.

Last edited:

Slioch

Guru
Shepherds pie from Aldi, half a cabbage and some carrots for me and Mrs S tonight. The only "gastro-fiddle" addition will be a liberal squirt of HP Sauce.

^_^

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
your imagination seems to be able to visualise all sorts of food

It's not that difficult if you actually do some cooking. However, there are those here who give the impression that anything more than a pot noodle, or eating cold baked beans with a screwdriver, is beyond the whit of man.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I'm toying with sausage egg and chips tonight... but need to pop to the corner shop and there's a nice Chinese take-away opposite the shop, so I'm also toying with battered chicken, chips and curry sauce (£4.80), king prawn and chicken curry with boiled rice (£5.20), chilli & salty chips with chilly & salty chicken wings (£4.80), or maybe just a portion of chips as I've already chomped my way through half a pack of fig-rolls and several Eccles cakes since arriving home from work.

vernon

I'm toying with sausage egg and chips tonight... but need to pop to the corner shop and there's a nice Chinese take-away opposite the shop, so I'm also toying with battered chicken, chips and curry sauce (£4.80), king prawn and chicken curry with boiled rice (£5.20), chilli & salty chips with chilly & salty chicken wings (£4.80), or maybe just a portion of chips as I've already chomped my way through half a pack of fig-rolls and several Eccles cakes since arriving home from work.

Be adventurous and do the lot.

vernon

It's not that difficult if you actually do some cooking. However, there are those here who give the impression that anything more than a pot noodle, or eating cold baked beans with a screwdriver, is beyond the whit of man.

You're the one who has failed to provide evidence that anything more than a pot noodle, or eating cold baked beans with a screwdriver, is beyond your whit.

I rest my case.

subaqua

What’s the point
Exactly.

I'm in the process of collecting your recipes and plan to release a cookbook, for which you can have 15% of the takings. It'll look rubbish if there's no pictures, gravely affecting both our profits.
gravely or gravyley ..... mmm gravy

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
Exactly.

I'm in the process of collecting your recipes and plan to release a cookbook, for which you can have 15% of the takings. It'll look rubbish if there's no pictures, gravely affecting both our profits.

You can't photograph real food easily, because of the steam. The stuff in cookery books is photographed cold.

Top Bottom