Can't believe what I've just seen.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris-H

Über Member
Parked up near Bedford hospital waiting for swmbo to finish work at 6.45 this morning when someone on a hybrid in full altura night vision gear came riding past..........on the pavement with no lights whatsoever on the bike, when I looked again a few seconds later still riding along the footpath !!!!

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
The world is full of crazy people doing nutty things.

sidevalve

Über Member
Watched guy ride past me yesterday on the pavement. Quiet [and I mean empty] country road good road surface nice weather [well as good as it gets now]. Some people are just wierd. Only trouble is they get cyclists a bad rep.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
You see all sorts on two wheels and learn to accept that they may not all think the way you/I do.

I have a colleague who's been commuting nearly 30 miles a day for a couple of years. He carries no tools or spare tubes. So I asked what he does when he punctures. He said he walks the rest of the way. On one occasion he punctured on his way to work and when he finished he ordered a taxi for the homeward commute- £25. Just think how many tubes could he have bought with that.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Could be the pavement cyclist had his lights stolen or that they failed.

edit: I mean that's why he was not on the road.

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
Could be the pavement cyclist had his lights stolen or that they failed.

edit: I mean that's why he was not on the road.
I thought that May be the case until he went past me and there were no lights fitted, may have had them pinched possibly.

Frood42

I know where my towel is
So why was he not walking the bike? No lights after sunset, no riding. Lucky here in London, I can wait until after 1900 and take the DLR/part of the Central line to get home. Some walking is involved of course. ^_^

50000tears

You see all sorts on two wheels and learn to accept that they may not all think the way you/I do.

I have a colleague who's been commuting nearly 30 miles a day for a couple of years. He carries no tools or spare tubes. So I asked what he does when he punctures. He said he walks the rest of the way. On one occasion he punctured on his way to work and when he finished he ordered a taxi for the homeward commute- £25. Just think how many tubes could he have bought with that.

I have a friend who never carries any tubes, tools or pumps and somehow last year managed to train fully for a 100 mile sportive with rides of up to 70 miles without ever getting a puncture. Completed it to gold standard too. He hasn't had a single flat this year either. All this on the same stock tires that came with his bike. He runs more than rides but still rides a fair bit even so.

I am doing a spring sportive with him next year and will probably take enough spare tubes, yes and the tools, for the both of us but can guarantee that I will be the one getting a flat whilst he will continue on his blissful way wondering what all the fuss is about!

S1m0n

Chap at work cycles 3 or so miles each way to work and back on his mountain bike on the pavement, pressing the button at the (pedestrian) crossings weaving in and out of pedestrians, past schools etc. No helmet, saddle too low dim or no lights, headphones in (yes I know, opinions differ).

I just don't get it, he won't listen to reason. When quizzed he just says it's too dangerous on the roads. I really, really, really wish he would get a spot fine. Grrrrrrrrrr!!

Top Bottom