Canyon Bikes in London.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boon 51

Veteran
Would anyone know if the Canyon bike shop is still going in London at Kingston upon Thames or 72 Barwell Buisness Park. Leatherhead Road, Chesington KT92NY..
I would like to visit the shop and sit on one or two to get the right size.

Cheers

Would anyone know if the Canyon bike shop is still going in London at Kingston upon Thames or 72 Barwell Buisness Park. Leatherhead Road, Chesington KT92NY..
I would like to visit the shop and sit on one or two to get the right size.

Cheers
Careful you don't crack the seat stays. Not that Canyon bikes have a reputation for frame failures or anything:whistle:.

vickster

Legendary Member
Contact Canyon and ask directly? My guess is even if they do have a UK premises, it's not a shop (never was afaik) so you'd likely need an appointment

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
On Google streetview it just looks like an office.
Screenshot_20170415-102640.png

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Chessington is their Uk office/workshop that deals with customer service and warranties, but it doesnt have retail facilities, that's all handled direct from Germany. I sent my Aeroad there recently for a Di2 battery issue.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Thanks people's, I will try and ring after the holiday..

cheers.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Back to the purpose of the OP. I found the bike-fit section of their website reasonably accurate for me, although I seem to have fairly standard arm and leg length for my height. On the whole the frame letter size (S, M, L etc) goes large. I'm 6 foot and the Medium frame is a good fit.

If you're considering an Aeroad, remember that there's no adjustment to the integrated stem/bars and the position is reasonably aggressive. You can swap them for a standard stem/bar combo, but it's extra money you don't need to spend. I found it more comfortable than I expected even for 5-6 hour rides, and I'm an old giffer.

I'd take the frame cracking issue with a pinch of salt. Most large manufacturers suffer this kind of story at one time or another (I think it was Cervelo last time). That said, Canyon have had their supply issues in the past (use search) although these seem to have been rectified to a point. I found them helpful when my Di2 battery developed a fault.

Off topic, but good to see another southern blue on CC. Dad from Wythenshawe, so I wasn't given the choice of team (he wanted to call me Colin Denis Bernhard ..... but my mum stepped in, so that gives you the idea :blush:)

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Back to the purpose of the OP. I found the bike-fit section of their website reasonably accurate for me, although I seem to have fairly standard arm and leg length for my height. On the whole the frame letter size (S, M, L etc) goes large. I'm 6 foot and the Medium frame is a good fit.

If you're considering an Aeroad, remember that there's no adjustment to the integrated stem/bars and the position is reasonably aggressive. You can swap them for a standard stem/bar combo, but it's extra money you don't need to spend. I found it more comfortable than I expected even for 5-6 hour rides, and I'm an old giffer.

I'd take the frame cracking issue with a pinch of salt. Most large manufacturers suffer this kind of story at one time or another (I think it was Cervelo last time). That said, Canyon have had their supply issues in the past (use search) although these seem to have been rectified to a point. I found them helpful when my Di2 battery developed a fault.

Off topic, but good to see another southern blue on CC. Dad from Wythenshawe, so I wasn't given the choice of team (he wanted to call me Colin Denis Bernhard ..... but my mum stepped in, so that gives you the idea :blush:)

The two bikes I was looking at are the...Ultimate CF SL 9.0 at £1.849 weight 7.0 kg or the Ultimate AL SLX 9.0 at £1.699 weight 7.4kg.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
If you're concerned about sizing or have any other questions, try using the chat function on their site. They usually respond quickly during working hours. I don't think there's anything super-exotic about the Ultimate's geometry, so if you're already comfortable on a road bike there are unlikely to be any nasty surprises.

It would be a pain in the harse, but I think they do a 30 day return if you're not getting on with it. You'd have to pay return shipping costs though. Just sitting on a bike in a shop isn't really going to tell you how it's going to feel after a couple of hours riding, so in some ways it's a safer deal then splashing the cash at an LBS without a decent test ride.

For the sake of balance, unless they've changed it the delivery estimates can be erratic and the purchase/invoicing automated emails are just plain confusing unless they've improved the system. Also, I did have my issues with some of the setup when the bike was delivered. I'd hope this was due to their delivery issues in late 2015.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
If you're concerned about sizing or have any other questions, try using the chat function on their site. They usually respond quickly during working hours. I don't think there's anything super-exotiweight was a c about the Ultimate's geometry, so if you're already comfortable on a road bike there are unlikely to be any nasty surprises.

It would be a pain in the harse, but I think they do a 30 day return if you're not getting on with it. You'd have to pay return shipping costs though. Just sitting on a bike in a shop isn't really going to tell you how it's going to feel after a couple of hours riding, so in some ways it's a safer deal then splashing the cash at an LBS without a decent test ride.

For the sake of balance, unless they've changed it the delivery estimates can be erratic and the purchase/invoicing automated emails are just plain confusing unless they've improved the system. Also, I did have my issues with some of the setup when the bike was delivered. I'd hope this was due to their delivery issues in late 2015.

Greta post.. Sizing was a concern but the weight also. Both bikes I was looking at were 7.0 kg and 7.4 kg and I would like them to be close to that mark and the reason is a bought a Rose bike and the weight was a kilo and a bit heavier than stated. I was looking at 7 to 7.5 kg range in weight?

Other bikes on my list are Trek Emonda SL 6 that comes in at 7.4 kg but is £2200 that's £350 dearer than the Canyon and of course the well rated Decathon 720 full carbon and Ultegra weighing 7.2 kg for £2000. the Canyon 9.0 scored 84 and the Decathlon 720 scored 83 in resent test and both bike of the year i think.
The Trek ALR 6 is 7.8 kg and a Cube bike I saw was 7.8 as well as outsiders.

Cheers

Top Bottom