Canyon V Rose

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
Even if i were to end up going for Canyon it seems actually getting the bike for when i want it will be a lottery....
They seem to be a genuine company with good comms, but a current problem. I suspect they will have it resolved in the next few weeks, so if about to order I would do an online chat to get an honest assessment of order times

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
I was going to get one of the new SLX framesets, but they took them off the website (and before they took them off delivery dates were April). Victim of their own success!

OP
OP
S

shanta

Regular
Chatted the guy on FB today, he said the are the factory should be back up to speed 100% in the next few weeks. As im not looking order what ever i decide on till the new year i guess i will have to check back with them then. Gives me more time to look into Rose...

AndyJ14

I've had my Rose around 3 months now. Couldn't be happier. The ability to configure the bike exactly how you want it with any components you choose is truly how bike building should be. You'd think there would be a premium for this custom service, but in fact they make some of the best value bikes you can get.

Customer service could be a little zippier, but it's efficient and I recieved my bike approximately when they said I would at the order point.

I too have a compact + 11-32 cassette and this was a pre-req for me. Ordering natively means you aren't faced with replacing the chain, RD and Cassette (at your expense) straight after recieving your new bike.

Good luck !

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I have been (trying to be) a canyon customer since August when I placed my order. Still no bike, still no sign of when it will turn up and still being quoted that it will be 2 weeks before they even know more. I have been quoted this 2 weeks at least 5 times over the last 2 months.

I am at a total loss to know how they can screw up so badly that they entire IT system is fubar'ed for so long and that they have people sitting around doing nothing in the factory. Worse case they have a record of all orders placed, plus because the customisation options are so few they could be building bikes right now. I could understand a week or so delay, but at least 3 months with the potential for much more shows a complete disaster. I have finally reached the end of my tether and am looking at less suitable bikes from the likes of Rose, Cube and Cannondale.

Neilsmith

I have been (trying to be) a canyon customer since August when I placed my order. Still no bike, still no sign of when it will turn up and still being quoted that it will be 2 weeks before they even know more. I have been quoted this 2 weeks at least 5 times over the last 2 months.

I am at a total loss to know how they can screw up so badly that they entire IT system is fubar'ed for so long and that they have people sitting around doing nothing in the factory. Worse case they have a record of all orders placed, plus because the customisation options are so few they could be building bikes right now. I could understand a week or so delay, but at least 3 months with the potential for much more shows a complete disaster. I have finally reached the end of my tether and am looking at less suitable bikes from the likes of Rose, Cube and Cannondale.
I was going to buy my Mtb from them having heard great things about the bikes, but the delay problems they have been experiencing for some time now, if the posts I have read are a true representation put me off and I bought my Cube from Infinity Cycles in Durham when we were on our travels. This is another post that makes me think I made the right move

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Ohhh things getting better. Now the latest lie from them is that within 7-10 days they will know when my order will be ready. This is much improved from repeated missed deadlines of 2 weeks.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Ohhh things getting better. Now the latest lie from them is that within 7-10 days they will know when my order will be ready. This is much improved from repeated missed deadlines of 2 weeks.

Why don't you just pull the plug and move on? I wouldn't give them my business after the crap experience you have had so far. Maybe the problems you have are just a consequence of even bigger problems within the company. Not sure I'd be passing money in their direction at the moment.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Why don't you just pull the plug and move on? I wouldn't give them my business after the crap experience you have had so far. Maybe the problems you have are just a consequence of even bigger problems within the company. Not sure I'd be passing money in their direction at the moment.

I am getting very close. The bike is perfect in every way it is the current problems that are the concern. I have a some questions into Rose at the moment with regards to a switcharoo with components. If that turns out well and delivery times are not horrific then they look the next best option.

Neilsmith

The sad thing is Canyon make great bikes and I have not ruled out a purchase in the future but that will be dependant on how they deal with their latest problems.

huwsparky

Über Member
I am getting very close. The bike is perfect in every way it is the current problems that are the concern. I have a some questions into Rose at the moment with regards to a switcharoo with components. If that turns out well and delivery times are not horrific then they look the next best option.
Rose will customise anything you want. My concern from your point of view is the fact that you see the bike as inferior. For that reason alone I wouldn't buy one if I were you.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

They make really good bikes as far as I can ascertain - I nearly ordered one a few years ago but got an unbeatable deal on a Giant from my LBS instead.

They do communicate very formally and often with unintentional humour - huge and well respected brand in their motherland. They probably don't get the kudos they deserve over here tbh.

The only 'downer' I had on them were the unenterprising colour schemes of their bikes - saying that I did go and by a white Giant!

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Rose will customise anything you want. My concern from your point of view is the fact that you see the bike as inferior. For that reason alone I wouldn't buy one if I were you.

That is my thought too. Will anything I go for leave me with that 'what if' feeling? That is probably why I am giving Canyon a fifth chance.

Top Bottom