Canyon warranty claim.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good evening,

Sorry but I have no sympathy.

You bought a carbon fibre bike frame;

A technology aimed at elite riders and at that level it is a consumable.

It lasted for 3 years so you had a great deal.

Bye

Ian

OP
OP
Angus McCoatup

Angus McCoatup

Lollingtons 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Good evening,

Bye

Ian

Blimey. There's a lot of elite riders around aren't there ?

CF is very affordable and this breakage should be covered by Canyon.

Good luck with the claim.

DRM

Guru
Surely if it had been subject to an external force, there would be evidence of impact damage, Canyon trying to wriggle out of claim shock, stick it to em!

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Good evening,

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, and personally I only ride steel bikes and won't touch anything made from carbon fibre with a bargepole, the issue here is the OP was gven a 6 year warranty and the bike is less than six years old. Unless they can clearly show it has crash damage and has been misused, then they should cough up for a replacement frame. They are quick enough to take customers money, they should swallow the warranty cost, which in reality is only a few hundred quid not the retail price.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good evening,

Bye

Ian
Your posting style always has a very slight touch of arrogance. This post is astonishingly arrogant. If you know anything of the cycling market you must be aware tens of thousands of carbon framed bikes are sold to amateur cyclists around the world every year.

While I'm sure carbon fibre was initially developed for elite riders today it is a product marketed towards amateur riders at all levels. As such we all have the reasonable expectation these bikes will not fail inside a relatively short period. I would wager most CC members would consider three years a very short lifespan for a cycle.

The trickle down effect from elite sport can very probably be traced from motorcycle and car racing through to standard production cars and bikes. No one would accept the failure of a car because the technology was originally designed for elite sport/drivers. There is no valid reason why the bicycle should be considered differently in this respect.

It takes years to build a reputation, with this incidence it proves how easy it is to jeopardise that reputation.

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Good evening,

Bye

Ian
Hello
What a complete load of utter nonsense you speak.
There are ten's of thousands of everyday cyclists riding CF bikes with no problems. I see more on my London daily commute then any other bike.

Bye

Ian

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Good evening,

Bye

Ian
Good morning

Maybe if you had a A-Level you wouldn't be quite so ignorant & arrogant

bye

Ian

Good luck to the OP in pursuing Canyon

Johnno260

Veteran
This is what scared me about CF, I know any material can break but I was worried about spending cash and left with a broken frame and no recourse.

I hope you get this sorted out and I mean external force? a bump in the road surface is an external force, this is just insane.

This kind of reinforces my opinion on going TI when I have the cash.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ti frames can certainly fail too (steel is probably the most robust and repairable, high end steel lighter than Ti too)

Johnno260

Veteran
Ti frames can certainly fail too (steel is probably the most robust and repairable, high end steel lighter than Ti too)

I will look into that as well, I have been looking at Spa, Ribble etc the usual suspects I wont get anything anytime soon due to supply issues and the more I save the better really.

I'm just not a fan of CF.

Top Bottom