Canyon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stephen livesey

Hi there first timer here, looking at buying a canyon aeroad, I'm 6ft 4 and riding a large in giant, canyon say I need an xl what's the thoughts please

mattobrien

Guru
I know the Canyon site had got a fairy comprehensive measurement and size guide, well. Round just height, so I'd be tempted to go with what it says.

What is the virtual top tube of your Giant and the same for the suggested size Canyon?

Last edited:

e-rider

crappy member
at 6'4" I'm surprised that the Giant size L is large enough for you - perhaps your current bike is too small but you have just got used to riding it?
Canyon had very long waiting lists a while back - perhaps things have improved now, but just in case I'd ask them for a timescale estimate before ordering

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm 6'3" and 3/4 and teeter right on the brink between L and XL in Giants road bike sizing. I can ride either, but feel happier on the L. Just.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I'm 6 foot and I ride a M/L Giant, when I tried a Canyon it was the L and it felt about right. I'd agree that they size just a little smaller than the Giants.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I am 6'4", ride a L Giant and the XL Canyon Endurace felt best to me and was the size I ordered. Their online checker suggested XXL though. In the end due to their sheer incompetence and lies I cancelled the order after 5 months and went elsewhere. No chance of me ever buying a Canyon now.

e-rider

crappy member
I am 6'4", ride a L Giant and the XL Canyon Endurace felt best to me and was the size I ordered. Their online checker suggested XXL though. In the end due to their sheer incompetence and lies I cancelled the order after 5 months and went elsewhere. No chance of me ever buying a Canyon now.
cycle retailers and lies seem to go hand in hand! It is certainly the dark side of the sport.

dim

I bet that you still lust for a canyon? (thats why it was your 1st choice)

lovely bikes .... theres quite a few guys riding these in the Cambridge area .... I'd ride one

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I bet that you still lust for a canyon? (thats why it was your 1st choice)

lovely bikes .... theres quite a few guys riding these in the Cambridge area .... I'd ride one

Quite right, I still think back and wonder what could have been. But then I open my email and remind myself of all the pain and time wasting.

postman

Legendary Member
Hey up another 6' 4" midget here.34 inside leg.i love the look of the Canyon bikes.But sadly at 66 i can't find enough excuses to buy another bike.Mind you the Spesh Sectuer Elite is a belter of a bike even after six years.April 2010 i think.

Top Bottom