Car - Bangeromics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Downward

Downward

Guru
upsidedown said:
If i ever need to buy a car it will be for low mileage infrequent journeys, and i reckon you can't do much better than an old tax-exempt landrover. Not great fuel consumption but doesn't need to be, cheap insurance and pretty reliable.

Not the most comfortable car in the world but it's what i'd get.

You could get classic (mileage limited) insurance on an old car like that as well another saving.

... and depreciation is ... err ... what's depreciation on an old landie ? More likely to be Appreciation, more so if they stop making the Defender soon.

You'll also get people smiling at you when you drive past :smile:

Hopefully picking up a 12 year old Toyota with 27k genuine miles on it (1 careful old lady owner with a nice dent in the wing) !

Brains

Legendary Member
... and depreciation is ... err ... what's depreciation on an old landie ? More likely to be Appreciation, more so if they stop making the Defender soon.

You'll also get people smiling at you when you drive past :rolleyes:

Bought our latest Defender in 1992
It's our only car
Still going
And probably worth what I paid for it then (about £5k)

Proto

Legendary Member
Peugeot 306 1.4ltr petrol. You'd find a decent one for £750. Very good fuel consumption - 40mpg, very cheap insurance, low tax band. Great cars, never rot, very reliable. Sensibly sized, a 'proper' car, decent boot and good for carrying bike around.

Top Bottom