car boot sales…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
managed to make over £100 in the end, which is a result of sorts although some stuff did go a bit lower than i'd have really liked but i think that's the state of the economy at the mo.

accountant pete is right about the eastern europe thing; i sold a roof box to a couple of russians and there were plenty of other interesting accents and languages on show.

in all i think the attitude to take is 'a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush'. some items didn't sell, but ebay might be a better marketplace for those anyway. and whatever you get for something that was sitting forgotten about in a cupboard is effectively 100% profit, not a loss on what you may have paid for it years ago as it's worth nowt sitting gathering dust.

my daughter (who accompanied me) is keen to go back with mrs alec tomorrow…

gbb

Legendary Member
Result then Alec, brass in pocket and some surplus stuff got rid of...

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Well done. It seems like its worth doing when you make £100 or more on your stuff.

We did a car boot today as well. There is a big indoor one here and a bit outdoor one a couple of miles down the road. Happily, it was pouring with rain this morning and we did a brisk trade.
We took old books, some CDs we never listen to any longer, our ancient BSOs (went in 10 minutes flat), some old photography items, few ornaments etc etc. We just broke the £100 mark, after taking out the pitch fee. Very pleased with ourselves. Some of the stuff left over we put on the charity pile. The people there were mostly people like us, folks shifting some clutter from their homes. We have done three or four over the last 8 years or so. Its fun when you are busy. Dire when you are not.

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
mrs alec and eldest daughter got up at 6 to do the sale today and wimped out because of wind and rain.

probably the right decision, but guess who's now got a load of stuff to take out of the car and find a place until the next sale…

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
more than likely the man in the family same as in ours i always have to get it all out of the loft and fill the car up then when we get back it either goes down the tip or back inloft ready for next one

but well done

Top Bottom