• RAC

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • GREEN FLAG

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • OTHER

Votes: 16 42.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
For me it is Green Flag, only used the twice, once here and once in France both times they were there within 40 minutes. My son was in the AA and waited 4 hours then they said he needed a tow truck and that was another two hours+. My next door neighbour was in the AA they would have ketp her waiting 3+ hours on a rural country road had she not phoned me to rescue her.

The RAC just kept going up and up in price.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
green flag for me.

at renewal time the quote is same a previous year. both aa and rac double or 2.5x your premium and hope you don't notice and then try and do a deal when you phone to cancel.

green flag thus far have played fair so happy to renew at their sensible price, car + mcycle

called em out once over a locked kry in car incident and the mechanic weny way beyond his duty to fix.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Of the 3 main ones, Green Flag were the ones who impressed me most in terms of response speed and customer service. Plus they played "Rescue Me" by Fontella Bass when I rang them needing assistance.

The word on the street is to change provider frequently though as they all have good deals for new members and then auto renew at the standard rates, which can be a lot more.

I get a deal through work now though, so don't use any of the main ones.

toffee

Guru
I am with the RAC but I play hard ball with them. I never take any of the renewals at face value. Renewed earlier this month was quoted at £240. I actually paid £162 for 5 of us to have personal rescue and recovery.

Derek

Hardrock93

Guru
I am with the RAC but I play hard ball with them. I never take any of the renewals at face value. Renewed earlier this month was quoted at £240. I actually paid £162 for 5 of us to have personal rescue and recovery.

Derek
This. My RAC 'automatic renewal' paperwork arrived recently. Next year's membership priced at £180. I phoned them today and said I did not wish to renew, due to the cost. I was offered a figure of £145, but I said I'd rather jump ship to the AA where, as a new customer, I could get the same cover (for the first year) for £120. The RAC matched it.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
This. My RAC 'automatic renewal' paperwork arrived recently. Next year's membership priced at £180. I phoned them today and said I did not wish to renew, due to the cost. I was offered a figure of £145, but I said I'd rather jump ship to the AA where, as a new customer, I could get the same cover (for the first year) for £120. The RAC matched it.
Any company acting like that would be enough to make me take my business elsewhere.
They would have been quite happy to sting a loyal customer for an extra £60, had you not questioned it.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
My resue & recovery cover with RAC was £165 at first renewal. I shopped around via Quidco where Green Flag offered the same cover for £77, with an incredible £50 cashback so I took it. Well who wouldn't pay £27 for that?!

Can't see them repeating that come renewal and I expect to go elsewhere again in January.

Top Bottom