• RAC

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • GREEN FLAG

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • OTHER

Votes: 16 42.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hardrock93

Guru
Any company acting like that would be enough to make me take my business elsewhere.
They would have been quite happy to sting a loyal customer for an extra £60, had you not questioned it.
True, DT, but in my experience most companies (breakdown cover, insurance etc) work on this principle!

sheddy

Legendary Member
https://autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/

Husband & Wife covered, any car £43ish

stalagmike

Enormous member
I have had Kwik fit for UK and European cover for the past two years as they appear to be the lowest priced. However, I've not had to call them out at all yet, so can't vouch for their service.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
rescuemycar
Much cheaper than the big names. I've only had to use them once, when I ran my battery down, but they came fairly promptly (I was at a holiday cottage and not in a rush, and told them that, so I don't really recall the response time, just that I don't recall thinking why they hadn't arrived yet).
And the premiums don't seem to change much year on year, unlike those stories of AA/RAC/whoever making huge hikes on renewal and hoping you don't notice.

Maybe response time etc depend on where you are in the country? Especially for the organisations that have local contractors rather than their own staff.

vickster

Legendary Member
Check what your insurer offers, could well be cheaper (I think most use greenflag, unless insured with AA or RAC)

I get mine 'free' from the bank (well I pay a monthly fee for a package of cover)

Kajjal

Guru
Make sure you get the cover you need or you will be simply wasting your money. Cheap cover that doesn't give you the level and type of cover you need is pointless.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
[QUOTE 4557610, member: 45"]I get mine through our current account with mobile phone and travel insurance.[/QUOTE]
Me too.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Over the last few years we've had Green Flag, Start and another one whose name I forget.
Called them out three times (flat battery twice and a failed alternator)
Same guy from the same garage each time!

Noru

I phone the AA or RAC and play them against each other on price.
I considered Green Flag a couple of years back but their policy of not supporting vehicles over 14 years old hidden in the T&Cs ment they were a no go (motorcycle was made in 1999).

The AA have saved my girlfriend on a couple of occasions, leap frogging her car on the back of their vans from Southampton to Derbyshire on one occasion and understanding her safety concerns at night & only using motorway services to change over that she had been to before.

However I've just had a quick scan read of the current Green Flag policy wording and it seems they'll now cover all ages of vehicle in the UK but only vehicles under 16 years old in Europe. Much better, sounds like they are improving.

vickster

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4557610, member: 45"]I get mine through our current account with mobile phone and travel insurance.[/QUOTE]
This is what I have, through Natwest. Might see whether I can do it cheaper if I get a chance. It is easy just to have the bank take money every month though!

D

Deleted member 1258

I have breakdown cover as part of my car insurance.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Considering how most breakdowns are avoidable with good preventive maintenance, is breakdown cover really necessary?

Last edited:
Top Bottom