• RAC

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • GREEN FLAG

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • OTHER

Votes: 16 42.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

AutoAid gone up again, just received my renewal £59.99 now
Just had a calendar reminder mine is due again on the 25th, nothing from AutoAid at all, sent 2 emails to contactus@autoaidbreakdown.co.uk & Office@autoaidbreakdown.co.uk, both which have been used to send emails to me, both have bounced.

Looked on their site, the basic plan is now £63.64, they charge an extra £14.90 for vehicles over 15 years old, along with you having to pay the first £25 of the call-out fee. But as this is customer based & not vehicle based, how will I know if I am going to travel & need their service in a car over 15 years old?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
rac just did the usual quote high and do the do a deal dance , got the price down to acceptable level and it for us is worth it given our circumstances and were are driving on hols in about 3 weeks

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Just had a calendar reminder mine is due again on the 25th, nothing from AutoAid at all, sent 2 emails to contactus@autoaidbreakdown.co.uk & Office@autoaidbreakdown.co.uk, both which have been used to send emails to me, both have bounced.

Looked on their site, the basic plan is now £63.64, they charge an extra £14.90 for vehicles over 15 years old, along with you having to pay the first £25 of the call-out fee. But as this is customer based & not vehicle based, how will I know if I am going to travel & need their service in a car over 15 years old?

My autoaid renewal was last month, but I missed the deadline by a day.

When I tried to auto-renew it wouldn't have it.

I then put in a proposal as a new customer, which was accepted, although it warned me there would be a gap in cover.

The new customer cost was a few pounds less than the auto-renewal cost, so that's turned out alright, particularly since I managed not to break down during the few days I was not covered.

Given that it's only insurance, I think a combined road risks and breakdown policy would be a better solution - most car insurers now also offer breakdown insurance.

Differing renewal dates mean I've not done it yet.

Car insurance renewal is next month, so I'm not inclined to chuck away 10 months of autoaid cover.

Maybe I'll sort it somehow next year.

D

Deleted member 26715

My autoaid renewal was last month, but I missed the deadline by a day.

Did you get any reminder at all? I didn't, but I do have it Not to Auto-renew I have a thing against it. I can remember not too many years ago it was only £38.99 so it sort of bugs me paying double, but I did use the service this year, had a wiring fault which cut the engine. Their contractors were there in just over an hour in peak traffic & I was home inside 2 hours, which I'm sure would have cost more than the £80 renewal price.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Did you get any reminder at all? I didn't, but I do have it Not to Auto-renew I have a thing against it. I can remember not too many years ago it was only £38.99 so it sort of bugs me paying double, but I did use the service this year, had a wiring fault which cut the engine. Their contractors were there in just over an hour in peak traffic & I was home inside 2 hours, which I'm sure would have cost more than the £80 renewal price.

Yes, I did get a reminder.

Trying to recall, but I think it asked me to reconfirm my car's age and reg number, although strictly the cover is personal meaning you could claim for any car you happen to have broken down in.

However, they would know you weren't in your registered car, so I've no idea what would happen in that (unlikely for me) instance.

I agree auto renewals should be treated with caution, but in the case of my car insurance they always ask if there's been any changes so it doesn't renew with me knowing nothing about it.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
I’ve been with the RAC for years, but in my experience they always take absolutely ages to get help to you when you call them out.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
For the last two years I have used Cover My Breakdown. Last year, for full UK cover, onward transport, misfuelling and at home cover etc. with no excess or call out fee, I was £27 for my 12 year old Fabia.

Renewal was £40, which I wasn’t happy about but searching around I couldn’t match it so I stuck with them. It’s still a good deal, in my view.

Gunk

Guru
I’ve been with the RAC for years, but in my experience they always take absolutely ages to get help to you when you call them out.

I swapped form the AA to RAC and the same cover was about half price. Haven’t had to use it yet though, so cant comment on the service

Top Bottom