Car D.I.Y.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Front Links fitted a couple of days ago - the nuts were not going to move so a blast with the 'torch' and they came off no issues. Somewhat tight in the wheel arch, so did use an allen key and 18mm cone spanner to tighten up the new links, then got the breaker bar on them to nip up tight.

Whilst the wheels were off, coated the suspension component's in anti-rust treatment - all rather tidy under there now.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Fitted a set of OE Volvo roof rails to my XC90. Mine is the R Design, the supposedly 'sporty' version, so the rails were not fitted at the factory, presumably in order to maintain a sleek and racy look...as if a 2.25 tonne Swedish brick would ever look sleek and racy.

Anyhoo, I'd been watching them on eBay, 80 to 100 sheets, so I was on the verge of not bothering when I spotted a set for £30 including postage. Job done. They were weighty old things so by the time he'd paid the postage there couldn't have been much profit in it. I now have something to clamp my roof bars and bike rack too. A good clean and a wipe with clear wax and they look like new, were on in less than 20 minutes.

View attachment 516980

Great price. When I see Qashqai's without them, they don't half look nekkid. The lower models didn't get roof bars.

Noticed one of the roof bar mounting point covers had vanished off the C'eed yesterday, not something I've ever had happen on any car so don't know if a scrote has had it away or it's just come loose and flown off?

516992 516993

Anyway whilst having a mooch last night I was put onto THIS eBay seller who does 3D printed parts.

Had a look and lo and behold he's got them for my motor :okay:

It doesn't 100% match the original, but it's a 2012 Kia C'eed not a show car, and for £2.34, (inc. extra 15p discount at checkout for some reason), I'm happy to give it a whirl :okay:

Levo-Lon

Guru
We have roof rails on the new Kia xceed... however there's nowhere to put a ladder:laugh:

I don't do roof storage but they look good for some eason

Levo-Lon

Guru
Fitted a set of OE Volvo roof rails to my XC90. Mine is the R Design, the supposedly 'sporty' version, so the rails were not fitted at the factory, presumably in order to maintain a sleek and racy look...as if a 2.25 tonne Swedish brick would ever look sleek and racy.

Anyhoo, I'd been watching them on eBay, 80 to 100 sheets, so I was on the verge of not bothering when I spotted a set for £30 including postage. Job done. They were weighty old things so by the time he'd paid the postage there couldn't have been much profit in it. I now have something to clamp my roof bars and bike rack too. A good clean and a wipe with clear wax and they look like new, were on in less than 20 minutes.

View attachment 516980

Are they really 2.5 tonne!! @Drago
Big I know but I thought maybe 1.5 tops.. seriously solid car

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
Even the XC70 is close to 1.9t.

Rear-wiper not working on my Octavia estate
(as it's not being for a while)

Eventually had a look at it
For the past few days, the splined(?) shaft on the motor has been soaked in penetrating oil, in an attempt to remove the wiper arm
No such luck, I know 'wiper arm pullers' are available

I took the interior trim off, taking several finger-nails too!!

View attachment 515271

No voltage registering at the multipin plug, yes, with the lid closed, & from inside the car (so no 'cut-out' operating)

So..... could it really be my previous diagnosis of a fractured wire, as it was working (last summer) on really hot days

Decided to chance it, & ordered a new wiper-motor, and wiper-arm on Wednesday when I got home from work
So, order not processed till Thurs AM

Wiper-motor arrived this AM!

Not going to do anything until arm arrives though, as I'll have to cut the old one off wth the Dremel

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
An afternoon tinkering with the Volvo 240, still seeking to resolve rough running. Mass Air Flow Meter tested OK, maybe an issue with the Knock Sensor. More fiddling another time as I soon tire of probing around on 'modern' systems.
I moved on to the Capri, now SORN'd, and stripped all the front end off, bumper, headlights and so forth, in preparation for the wing repairs.

Top Bottom