Car HiFi - is it a danger?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

A decent install will make very little noise outside the car, but inside would be a very different story! Sadly the muppets with corsas etc that think the key to a decent system is more bass give the car audio trade a bad name! Sound deadening material makes a huge difference to the sound quality inside the car and stops the rattly, farty noise that chavs seem to have perfected.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
One thing I didn't mention in my post above was that, when I got out of the car because of the noise, I shut the door behind me and it was amazingly quiet.

The builder had pulled out the interior to line everything metallic and had replaced the glass with stuff which didn't vibrate, both of which meant that the sound quality inside was stunning and the sound levels outside were negligible.

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
The noise issue only affects a tiny minority of car audio users. I'm far more bothered by the distraction from tiny multi-function controls and fancy graphic displays.

All controls except for on/off, volume and a simple band/station control should be disabled while the engine is live.

Top Bottom