Car in the cycle lane

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
We've all probably had that experience of a vehicle in the cycle lane....This must take the biscuit:wacko::

PRAT or words to that effect.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Yeah, not surprised. Physical impossibility doesn't stop them trying cycleways as shortcuts here either.
kh57wuc.jpg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Surprising how just a light passing brush can dislodge a car wing mirror :whistle:.
It's true.

Unfortunately, apparently, the death penalty applies for that transgression ... :sad:

(A grim event that took place about a mile from where I grew up.)

ColinJ

The only problem the driver has is s/he did not put a "Footpath Closed" sign up. If that was roadworks which had closed the footpath, then putting up a "Footpath Closed" and a "Sorry for inconvenience" sign is supposed to be ok.
All of the local streetlamps were being replaced by modern LED ones and the new posts had barriers round them until the crews came back to finish the foundations after they had been wired up. The footpath was not closed!

mustang1

Guru
All of the local streetlamps were being replaced by modern LED ones and the new posts had barriers round them until the crews came back to finish the foundations after they had been wired up. The footpath was not closed!

I have put a sign on the back of my car proclaiming Footpath Closed. Now I can park my car wherever I like, legally.

On the dashboard of my car I have various notes such as Doctor, Getting Cakes, I'll move soon be patient, Fire Marshall, FBI.

ColinJ

I have put a sign on the back of my car proclaiming Footpath Closed. Now I can park my car wherever I like, legally.

On the dashboard of my car I have various notes such as Doctor, Getting Cakes, I'll move soon be patient, Fire Marshall, FBI.
Gotcha. Eventually! :laugh:

There is a barbers across the road with a free car park near to it. I bet that someone drove down for a hair cut, could not find a vacant place, and thought it would be fine to block the path for 30 minutes or so!

The surrounding streets do not have yellow lines so a quick drive round the block would have located a legitimate spot but that could have meant a 50 metre walk!

OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Looking at the news item, on wonders if the driver questioned their apparent addiction to car usage if you have to drive into a segregated lane, what does that tell you?.

Top Bottom