Car question - what`s the best small, cheapest car out there that will still carry a bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
Completely agree, you may also be suprised to know that the largest percentage of those people doing so are the one's buying over a longer period, after all it is only £6++

Service deals are not always a bad thing if worked out correctly, for one it help keep the servicing up which helps retain values and spreads the costs for those that struggle with such things for one reason or another.
That is a good point about servicing, we hadn't had to pay for a service for a few years after "adding it on" to the previous two cars, and were a bit caught out by what they actually charge. Fortunately I now get free servicing, and very good deals on future car purchases.

screenman

Legendary Member
For most people, being able to buy things outright is not the way the world works.
I am a teacher. This means that I do not get bonuses/lump sums etc as in some jobs so for me to own something as expensive as a reliable car, I have to save hard for some years or get a bank loan. On the plus side, I have a regular monthly income and am very unlikely to be ever out of work and am 20 years away from retirement. Of course a dealership would be making money out of me. Same as my mortgage provider and my mobile phone company etc or my bank were I to get a loan. The bottom line for most people is how much can I afford to shell out each month and what is the best way of using that money to get me the newest, nicest and most reliable thing to drive.

Two of my kids are teachers. Of course how you spend your money is completely up to you, however I am just bringing into the topic some of the things that I see in my proffesional life. Many of the most stressed teachers we know are the one's with too high monthly commitments, we know of a few like I am sure you do.

screenman

Legendary Member
That is a good point about servicing, we hadn't had to pay for a service for a few years after "adding it on" to the previous two cars, and were a bit caught out by what they actually charge. Fortunately I now get free servicing, and very good deals on future car purchases.

Seems you have it sussed then, good luck and I hope that you enjoy the car. No that is not sarcasm, I honestly mean it.

Julia9054

Guru
Two of my kids are teachers. Of course how you spend your money is completely up to you, however I am just bringing into the topic some of the things that I see in my proffesional life. Many of the most stressed teachers we know are the one's with too high monthly commitments, we know of a few like I am sure you do.
Trust me, it is not being unable to manage their monthly household budget that causes stress in teachers.

screenman

Legendary Member
I'm sure that's the same for everyone, regardless of career though.

I agree, but I also think teachers can sometimes get a lot more stress than some other trades, also although not the case with my eldest they may not get the income they deserve.

Top Bottom