Car question - what`s the best small, cheapest car out there that will still carry a bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
They are so cheap for a reason. They are crap. Buy one at your peril.

Where did you get that information from? Are you writing about the older one from years back or todays more modern one.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Yes, buy. Are you not familiar with the concept?
I think I have developed a basic grasp of the idea of purchasing and ownership over the years.

So, you pay £150 a month, over x amount of months, and you actually own the vehicle - no other charges involved?

Do tell more.....

Julia9054

Guru
I think what Dirk is getting at is that £150 a month seldom see's you ending up being the owner without a big lump up front and another at the end.
You don't even need a big lump up front these days. For someone with a regular monthly income, it is an increasingly common way to "own" a car.
I intend to get rid of my pile of poo rattlebag Clio in a year's time when son number 1 graduates and is off my books and get a new car that way. The other choice is to get a bank loan, pay a similar monthly repayment to pay it all off within 3 - 4 years and buy yet another old banger.

screenman

Legendary Member
You don't even need a big lump up front these days. For someone with a regular monthly income, it is an increasingly common way to "own" a car.
I intend to get rid of my pile of poo rattlebag Clio in a year's time when son number 1 graduates and is off my books and get a new car that way. The other choice is to get a bank loan, pay a similar monthly repayment to pay it all off within 3 - 4 years and buy yet another old banger.

Own being the important word, if you owned it there would not be so many clauses in the contracts, mileage for one.

Julia9054

Guru
Own being the important word, if you owned it there would not be so many clauses in the contracts, mileage for one.
Not an issue for me really. I drive maybe twice a week now the kids have left home and do 4000 miles a year tops. I have been keeping track as I am doing my research thoroughly over the next year.

screenman

Legendary Member
Well, that was the deal fiat offered us.

No deposit, no lump at end, no restritive mileage. I would hasten to add that most people I know are well fed up with paying for their car well before the first year is up.

Your figure come to £9,000 so I can see that working, the predictive value in 5 years is £2,000

Top Bottom