Car-tastrophy!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
Well, I live and learn. Not sure what the "turbo" really does as it's hardly a rocket off the line, more a sturdy tug boat.

It's nigh on doubled it's torque output. A none turbo 1.5 diesel would struggle to pull an old Mini..

Seems a trend putting a woefully inadequate small capacity engine in a big vehicle, must be to reduce Road Fund Licence or whatever they call it now.

DRM

Guru
I dropped it off at the dealer first thing this morning. Hopefully the next contact I get will be to tell me it has sold :laugh:

I'm now looking at cheap vans, quite fancy a long wheelbase transit connect :whistle:
Don’t get the first version of the Connect, the sills rust for fun, I’ve been issued a long wheel base MK2 Connect to see out the lease, it’s 5 years old, and it’s done 114,000 and runs as sweet as a nut, I’ve put 11,000 on it since coming back to work after the Christmas/New Year break, it went straight through the MOT with no issues, it’s a cracking van

LardAbove

I just popped for an 06 Hyundai Getz, 1.4GSi 5d 5sp.
Traded in my '98 Swift 5d 1.0i Auto

Clean car, clean MOT history @63k.

🤔.... Needed new tyres all round 🙄

*The Corsa rims were to 'jump' 14" up to 15".

Done Cambelt....

🚙💨

Attachments

• Getz_Posed.jpg
    Getz_Posed.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20230813_160534.jpg
    IMG_20230813_160534.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Cairn_Allenheads.jpg
    Cairn_Allenheads.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 10

gbb

Legendary Member
Never having had a German car I can only say over the last 20 years working with particularly Polish and E European colleagues, by far the majority own VW, BMW or Audi, you frequently hear how German cars are now less well regarded...they're just not the cars they used to be, far less reliable...and that's from a group of people that held them in high esteem.
Japanese seems to be the upcoming alternative for them

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I have to agree there, the current corolla is the only car we have made at our plant in the last 20 years i actually like the look of.

I have driven more miles in Toyota's over they years from Starlets , Corolla's , Celica's and Hi Ace vans and i can honestly say not one has ever missed a beat .

And if had to go across the desert or such adventure then that's what i would be driving by choice

Jameshow

Veteran
I have driven more miles in Toyota's over they years from Starlets , Corolla's , Celica's and Hi Ace vans and i can honestly say not one has ever missed a beat .

And if had to go across the desert or such adventure then that's what i would be driving by choice

The car in front is Toyota..... usually driven by a pensioner... As my parents do...!🤣🤣🤣

gbb

Legendary Member
That was the official catch line back in the 80's and 90"s

It was but look at the Toyota Corolla now, they're quite aggressive visually, almost transformer looking. I know it's a personal thing but I particularly love the front and side view on my Mazda, sweeping lines, quite aggressive looking again. They (Japanese cars) do have a different look to them now.

CXRAndy

Guru
Never having had a German car I can only say over the last 20 years working with particularly Polish and E European colleagues, by far the majority own VW, BMW or Audi, you frequently hear how German cars are now less well regarded...they're just not the cars they used to be, far less reliable...and that's from a group of people that held them in high esteem.
Japanese seems to be the upcoming alternative for them

Most expensive car repair, had I gone ahead was our Audi Q7 4.2 V8 with suspect knackered engine. £16k was the quote for replacement engine. I offloaded the Q7 for a trade in.

Dealer paid me £19k for trade in-despite having the vehicle all day to check over for trade in 👅

Top Bottom