Car Tax Renewal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clid61

Veteran
JUst renewed my car tax online. Now I wont have the pleasure of painstakingly tearing it from its perforated surrounding any more :sad:. I enjoyed that ! (small things amuse .......). I take it its ANPR from here on in.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
JUst renewed my car tax online. Now I wont have the pleasure of painstakingly tearing it from its perforated surrounding any more :sad:. I enjoyed that ! (small things amuse .......). I take it its ANPR from here on in.

You could always buy a sheet of stamps. They are nearly as expensive and have more perforations to tear through.

byegad

Legendary Member
Yes. I did mine earlier this month and all I got was an email! I hope the local rozzers are wired up to the Worldwideinterwebbythingy.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm thinking of chopping in my monster truck for something smaller. Not sure I can afford the £00.00 car Tax after paying out £78 fora years insurance today.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Ahhh but it was a delight (ish) buying car tax for SWMBO as it's now done monthly by direct debit- not sure where they thought I could find £145 lump from at the end of the month! :eek:

gavintc

Guru
Just changed my car to a bigger car. But my car tax has gone from £180 to £20 a year - very happy. Remarkably, my little Vespa scooter is £38 a year.

Ern1e

Über Member
The best thing about the discless tax is we have a local nosey old peson who reveels in checking tax disc's in windows and then letting the owner of said that she note's that the disc has expired ! So I asked her " what you going to do now they will not have to display a current disc it will all be done online" The reply which I shall not post openly on here because it was well let's just say not very lady like and she was going to see about that lmao at that thinking just what are you going to do then start a bring back the tax disc campain ?

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I'm looking forward to the system going down and a high ranking police officer getting pulled for no tax .

Drago

Legendary Member
It's never been a Police job anyway. In T'old days all we would do is fill out a form and send it to the DVLA.

The SORN System must work really.well, eh?

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
Odd. I thought when the system change was announced the Police said they had not been actively checking tax discs for 2 years and had no intention of doing so in the future.

Is this correct?
It was a DVLA car, not a police car. It'll just sit there collecting reg numbers to be mail-merged into fine letters later.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
I have a courtesy car this week and I wondered how will I know that it is taxed (or should that be Duty paid). Same with hire car as the driver is responsible not the owner.

Top Bottom