Carbon bikes - recommendations and queries - update, I have a bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Update - I've bought an Emonda SL5. Turns out it was the one that fit me best with minimal changes required. Its got to be built plus they need to source the handlebars for me so I collect it next weekend šŸ¤©

Looked at the fit on the TCR and it just wasn't going to work for me as well as the Trek.

Nice. I know you had concerns on the weight (not that half a kilo here or there rally makes difference, and manufacturer claimed weights are complete lottery..... but..... its probably all in the stock wheels. My OH has an older Emonda, when I got my carbon wheelset I put my old fulcrum 5s on her bike, and saved 800 grams in the process!

OP
OP
E

Enlightenedwaistcoat

Nice. I know you had concerns on the weight (not that half a kilo here or there rally makes difference, and manufacturer claimed weights are complete lottery..... but..... its probably all in the stock wheels. My OH has an older Emonda, when I got my carbon wheelset I put my old fulcrum 5s on her bike, and saved 800 grams in the process!

I picked it up, it didn't feel that heavy. The stock wheels are coming off and my handbuilts are going on so should save a bit. Not all in the weight tho is it. Had a test ride and it was fun! Can't wait to point it at some hills šŸ˜

OP
OP
E

Enlightenedwaistcoat

I have a new bike and it's bloody lovely. Only taken it on a 7km spin round the block but it's ace. The first thing that strikes me is the lack of road buzz in my hands, and just how comfortable it feels. Can't wait for weekend :laugh:
PXL_20220713_165403845.jpg

Top Bottom