Carbon bikes - recommendations and queries - update, I have a bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I have a TCR 2.0 , it was a relatively cheap bike for me, but I love it. The stock wheels (PR2 iirc) were very heavy & sluggish. I've changed the wheelset a few times now :whistle: currently running Cadex 42 carbon & it's super smooth, quite quick & climbs well 👍

My wife bought a Langma, not sure which model, but it came with ultegra, power meter & carbon wheels. It was a big jump up for her from her previous bike (Merida Ali frame) & she loved it, but then last year she bought an Envi & that wipes the floor with the Langma ^_^ Maybe another option for you to consider?

OP
OP
E

Enlightenedwaistcoat

I have a TCR 2.0 , it was a relatively cheap bike for me, but I love it. The stock wheels (PR2 iirc) were very heavy & sluggish. I've changed the wheelset a few times now :whistle: currently running Cadex 42 carbon & it's super smooth, quite quick & climbs well 👍

My wife bought a Langma, not sure which model, but it came with ultegra, power meter & carbon wheels. It was a big jump up for her from her previous bike (Merida Ali frame) & she loved it, but then last year she bought an Envi & that wipes the floor with the Langma ^_^ Maybe another option for you to consider?

I think the Enviliv is the women's version of the propel, so an aero bike. They look good but it's more than a little outside of my price range 😉 glad to hear she liked the langma tho!

OP
OP
E

Enlightenedwaistcoat

Re the comment about dissolving in the rain - surely this is nonsense? I thought they were taking the mick so ignored it, and a quick Google also looks like a bunch of people taking the mick with comments such as 'don't ride it in the sun either' 😑 we live in Britain after all, where its liable to rain on any given day even in the middle of summer.

I've had two aluminium, a Cube Peloton and a Merlin ROC and two carbon, a Ridley Excalibur and a Cervelo R3. The Cube was my first modern road bike. Hard to say which one of the four was fastest. I can discount the Merlin as it was bought as a turbo bike and has never been outdoors but I've enjoyed riding them all. Hopefully you'll find a bike that'll make you smile when your riding.

OP
OP
E

Enlightenedwaistcoat

I've had two aluminium, a Cube Peloton and a Merlin ROC and two carbon, a Ridley Excalibur and a Cervelo R3. The Cube was my first modern road bike. Hard to say which one of the four was fastest. I can discount the Merlin as it was bought as a turbo bike and has never been outdoors but I've enjoyed riding them all. Hopefully you'll find a bike that'll make you smile when your riding.

I have an aluminium giant contend and I really like it. It fits well (or it did once I got a bike fit) and it's fun. I've got a new fit coming up in a week to help me nail down the size and then I'm going having a look at one. Still got my heart set on the langma. Coming from a heavy hybrid bike tho the difference was hugely noticeable.

vickster

Legendary Member

Alex321

Veteran
Re the comment about dissolving in the rain - surely this is nonsense? I thought they were taking the mick so ignored it, and a quick Google also looks like a bunch of people taking the mick with comments such as 'don't ride it in the sun either' 😑 we live in Britain after all, where its liable to rain on any given day even in the middle of summer.

Well mine (Cube Attain GTC) hasn't dissolved yet, and I rode it all the way through the Welsh winter, in all weathers :smile:

OP
OP
E

Enlightenedwaistcoat

Update - I've bought an Emonda SL5. Turns out it was the one that fit me best with minimal changes required. Its got to be built plus they need to source the handlebars for me so I collect it next weekend 🤩

Looked at the fit on the TCR and it just wasn't going to work for me as well as the Trek.

Top Bottom