Carbon Frame Security Issue.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User33236

@User33236 I assume the etching liquid is safe for carbon frames and is not an acid base?
I came across the product at their stand at the bike show in Birmingham a couple of months ago and had the opportunity to ask them questions relating to all my concerns such as "is it safe to use on carbon?", "how does it look when applied to carbon with a matt black finish?".

They demonstrated the etching being applied to a matt black carbon frame and also confirmed it is safe to use. They did not say what the solution was based on though. The etching fluid is applied for around 20 seconds before the area gets cleaned down. The resultant etch cannot be seen nor can you feel it. I borrowed a black-light from a neighbour to make sure it had 'taken'.

OP
OP
davester65

davester65

Growing Old is Compulsory...Growing Up is Optional
I came across the product at their stand at the bike show in Birmingham a couple of months ago and had the opportunity to ask them questions relating to all my concerns such as "is it safe to use on carbon?", "how does it look when applied to carbon with a matt black finish?".

They demonstrated the etching being applied to a matt black carbon frame and also confirmed it is safe to use. They did not say what the solution was based on though. The etching fluid is applied for around 20 seconds before the area gets cleaned down. The resultant etch cannot be seen nor can you feel it. I borrowed a black-light from a neighbour to make sure it had 'taken'.

Sounds perfect for my needs, i do like the idea of the micro dots as well as the frame and forks being invisibly etched. Think one of these kits could be on it's way to me very soon. Thanks for the info, I didn't see them at the bike show.........must have been too busy looking at the shiny stuff :-)

jack smith

Veteran
As above ive used the immobilise etching kit it was a tenner from the local coppers its fine to use on carbon you can see it on matt black carbon but its fine, ive got mine on the inside pf the chainstays inside of fork and under the top tube and tbh ive never noticed it since applying

Top Bottom