Carbon seatpost in Titanium Frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2old2care

Über Member
Hi all, I'm getting a new Titanium frame with a carbon seatpost, and I was wondering if I would still need to use fibregrip on the seatpost to stop it slipping, or would this just weld it in!!!

What is the best to use, grease or what?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Carbon assembly paste, available from most online retailers.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Don't waste your money on assembly paste until you've tried the fit. My carbon post is such a snug fit in the Ti frame that it gets quite difficult to remove if water and grit get in.

02GF74

Über Member
Don't waste your money on assembly paste until you've tried the fit. My carbon post is such a snug fit in the Ti frame that it gets quite difficult to remove if water and grit get in.

hmm, the water may act as electrolyte and help "chemicacally weld" Ti post to the frame wherease any grease will take up the space so no water can get in, if you see what I mean.

up to now I've not used carbon paste, but a quick look on ebay seems to indicate it is good stuff: not only does it help grip the post so less torque is needed for the clamp but iot prevents seaizure:

Tacx Carbon Assembly Paste for carbon bicycle components

This unique assembly compound is composed in such a way that high-quality carbon, aluminium and saddle parts like seat-pin, pedals and handlebar stem can be assembled without difficulty. The adhesive effect allows you to reduce your tightening moment by 30%, so minimising damage! Dynamic assembly compound stops parts distorting or loosening and ensures perfect corrosion protection Prevents two components seizing up Special formula actualy helps two components grip each other 80g.

- Prevents two components seizing up
- Special formula actually helps two components grip each other
- 80g tube

update: just bought some of the TACX paste stuff online so if I remember, will report back.

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
i used carbon assembly paste on my Ti frame - good stuff - you don't have to tighten the seatpost clamp so hard and the seatpost never slips down into the frame as the bike is ridden now. Recommended

OP
OP
2old2care

2old2care

Über Member
i used carbon assembly paste on my Ti frame - good stuff - you don't have to tighten the seatpost clamp so hard and the seatpost never slips down into the frame as the bike is ridden now. Recommended
Yeah I'll try both. I wasn't sure if the assembly paste would weld the carbon post in or not.

Top Bottom