Carlton Corsa 68-72

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garryh

Think I will tidy up the wrap over stays before going to paint! cc7.JPG

May have to get a few bits re chromed. cc8.JPG

I am currently enjoying rummaging around on ebay, I have been staggered at what is around, I bought two michelin world tours (new) with nice fresh amber walls, and delivered for 16.75 which I think is a great bargain.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
I am currently enjoying rummaging around on ebay, I have been staggered at what is around, I bought two michelin world tours (new) with nice fresh amber walls, and delivered for 16.75 which I think is a great bargain.
Ebay is brilliant as long as you don't get into bidding wars! There's sure to be a Svelto mech on there somewhere.

Most of the chrome on my Corsa came up really well with a rub of fine wire wool and GT85, I think Autosol is meant to be excellent as well.

OP
OP
Spokesmann

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Nice to see one with large flange hubs. Unfortunately mine were well corroded and knackered. Not sure if its worth rechroming some of the steel work unless you intend to do a few more bits.

For info a Svelto mech by Huret will be nice on this one, mine came with a budget Campagnolo 'Valentino extra' rear mech.

Let us kno how you get on with the refurbishment.

garryh

Pics like this realy help (I am sure you will recognise this one mike you posted it in Retro bike)
It makes me realise that the corsa changed alot in the 4 or 5 years of production.

Interestigly the pic of the Continental has a fingerpost for Plaxtol and Shipbourne which are about 20miles from me and an awful long way from Worksop! I guess the publishing company was in the south east.

I thought it would be a great place to take some pics of the Corsa when it is finished.........if I can find the junction of course. Carltoncontinentalscan.jpg

OP
OP
Spokesmann

Spokesmann

Pics like this realy help (I am sure you will recognise this one mike you posted it in Retro bike)
It makes me realise that the corsa changed alot in the 4 or 5 years of production.

Interestigly the pic of the Continental has a fingerpost for Plaxtol and Shipbourne which are about 20miles from me and an awful long way from Worksop! I guess the publishing company was in the south east.

I thought it would be a great place to take some pics of the Corsa when it is finished.........if I can find the junction of course.[attachment=4788:Carltoncontinentalscan.jpg]

I love that guy's outfit, what were they thinking?

Great retro catalogue though. I still have Continental like the one in the photograph.

Giacomo

hello everybody, i have an old 23-1\2" corsa (looks the same of the green one). The bike needs a lot of work to back on street, and i'm really worried about the wheels: the hubs look ruined, especially the rear one, and i'm wondering if there is any chance to find new ones. I'm thinking also to buy new wheels but seems impossible finding 27" wheels... any idea? you think that maybe 28" wheels can fit the frame?
Thanks!

Giacomo

p.s. I am an italian guy, and i'm really sorry for my poor english, corrections are welcome!

OP
OP
Spokesmann

Spokesmann

hello everybody, i have an old 23-1\2" corsa (looks the same of the green one). The bike needs a lot of work to back on street, and i'm really worried about the wheels: the hubs look ruined, especially the rear one, and i'm wondering if there is any chance to find new ones. I'm thinking also to buy new wheels but seems impossible finding 27" wheels... any idea? you think that maybe 28" wheels can fit the frame?
Thanks!

Giacomo

p.s. I am an italian guy, and i'm really sorry for my poor english, corrections are welcome!

Hi there, any chance of some images? 27" wheels are always on ebay.co.uk

Giacomo

Hi, thank you for the answer. Now that i'm looking on ebay.uk, i see a lot of 27" wheels! so thank you and sorry for my bad question... for some pics it will be tricky, becase i've just moved in london 5 days ago, and i don't have any camera or smartphone... but i'm going to meet a lot of new friends, maybe they'll have cameras!

Giacomo

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG
DSC_0010.JPG
DSC_0013.JPG
DSC_0012.JPG
DSC_0014.JPG

Hi, finally I shot some pictures!... I know, they are bad, but better than nothing... i'm going to use this bike for all the year here in London, so this is why you can find something wrong in the restyle!

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Now this is strange. I just came across this old thread and its got me confused. This old bike I had looks very much like a Corsa to me (with added round decals!) but I bought it in 1963 - and I can't find the Corsa in any catalogues from before that date. Obviously the bike must have been made pre-1960 (or it had a VERY hard life before I got it!).

Carlton 1.jpg

It looks to me like they were producing Corsas for many years before 1968.

Top Bottom