Carlton Corsa 68-72

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Spokesmann

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
The 1971 Corsa has been upgraded with Super Champion rims and Campagnolo Record hubs...
P9025646_zpsolpbrhur.jpg

OP
OP
Spokesmann

Spokesmann

The 1975 Corsa has been upgraded to 18-speed and now has Mavic Module 4 rims and sealed Mavic hubs...
P1200300_zpsuyzlw6vg.jpg

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Both my bikes have Crespera lugs
Well this is what I don't understand. Mine obviously didn't have Crespera lugs if they weren't introduced until 1971. I got my bike in 1963 and it was already old, or it wouldn't have been in that condition. But Crespera and Lindrick look very similar, so I wonder if the Crespera are a modified Lindrick perhaps?
Also I've looked through all the pre-1963 Carlton catalogues on the veterancycleclublibrary site and can't find any bike with the same chainset, wrapover stays OR the Corsa name! I have been calling mine a Corsa but did it have a different name in the 1950s, when I assume it was made?

OP
OP
Spokesmann

Spokesmann

Well this is what I don't understand. Mine obviously didn't have Crespera lugs if they weren't introduced until 1971. I got my bike in 1963 and it was already old, or it wouldn't have been in that condition. But Crespera and Lindrick look very similar, so I wonder if the Crespera are a modified Lindrick perhaps?
Also I've looked through all the pre-1963 Carlton catalogues on the veterancycleclublibrary site and can't find any bike with the same chainset, wrapover stays OR the Corsa name! I have been calling mine a Corsa but did it have a different name in the 1950s, when I assume it was made?
Lindrick lugs disappeared around 1959. Crespera lugs were not exclusively used by Carlton in the 70s, they used Bocama and Nervex too.

OP
OP
Spokesmann

Spokesmann

In the 60s Capella, Carlton Long line lugs as well as Prugnant lugs could be found on different bikes in the range. Most had wrap over seat stays, Flyers had a more flattened version. The Corsa was introduced around 1969, they made the Corsa Strada before then, it was dropped around 1970.

Rimmer

Hello all - I haven't contributed with many posts here so bear with me. I have recently acquired a 'fixie' where components were added to a frame badged Carlton - the frame has also been resprayed (not sure if based on the original colour or not though). Further research leads me to believe I have a Carlton Corsa frame but I would like this confirmed here if possible.

I'm very impressed with how smooth the ride is - I will upload pictures later and hopefully someone can give me the lowdown of the good bad and the ugly (plus confirmation of the frame).

Top Bottom