Carlton Kirby

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I like Carlton Kirby. There, I said it. He makes me laugh. His "GVA vs SVB dishing out GBH" line yesterday was priceless.

I try not to rely on him for useful information about the race though. ^_^

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Taking 2 hours to cover a 19 minute boat race for example.

Ugh. I hate most sports coverage on TV for precisely this reason. At least with ES you know they'll always just cut to the chase and show the main event - and fill in the spaces between with the Nordic Trampolining World Championships.

400bhp

Guru
I like Carlton Kirby. There, I said it.
I try not to rely on him for useful information about the race though. ^_^

+1

He clearly loves the sport.

Was pretty amusing today when he and the co-presenter didn't have a clue Contador was clearly going to win it.

MikeonaBike

Carlton Kirby can be irritating at times, especially his regular 'chapeau', but sometimes also amusing. Far, far better, though, than Hugh Porter, who proves that great sportspeople don't necessarily make good commentators; his commentaries were truly dreadful. Another awful commentator is Brendan Foster; I watched some of the London Marathon on TV but turned the sound off because of his drivel. As for cycling, bring back David Harmon!

the_mikey

Legendary Member
A bit off topic but when Eurosport provide a studio fall asleep fest with men in shirts sitting around a table talking cycling (it happens during the Giro and the TdF) when there's a live feed available of some people on bikes actually cycling, I'd rather see the cycling, with or without commentary.

Top Bottom