Carlton question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
N prefix is 1965 if memory serves, I'll have to have a look for some cached pages I have from a defunct Carlton website to check.

Lugs are Flyer style but back them you could have them on a variety of frames not just the kosher Flyer frame itself......

carlton_06.jpg

Looks bloody marvelous to me but there again I have a soft spot for Carton :smile: Have you got a pic of the seat stays?

Shaun

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
N prefix is 1965 if memory serves, I'll have to have a look for some cached pages I have from a defunct Carlton website to check.

Lugs are Flyer style but back them you could have them on a variety of frames not just the kosher Flyer frame itself......

View attachment 225886

Looks bloody marvelous to me but there again I have a soft spot for Carton :smile: Have you got a pic of the seat stays?

Shaun

View attachment 225886

Shaun
I will take some photos of the seat stays tomorrow the leather says brooks professional .

You have a nice looking Carlton. It should clean up quite nicely, are you going to make it look all sparkly or just a quick tidy up?

View attachment 225886

Shaun
I am in total agreement with Cyclops certain metallic blues can be mesmerising!

midlife

Guru
I think it was me that mentioned seat stays first .....That's what working in a bike shop in the 70's has done to my brain :smile:

Should have typed seat stay cluster or something similar lol

Shaun

i think the 750 will be the drop ie from centre of mount point to rim measurement

normally the date stamp is a circle of 2 digits with an arrow pointing to one set of 2 digits indicating year of production but 63 would tie in with earlier suggestion by @mikeymustard

This machine is about 1965, looks like Cyclo drop outs too. Some very nice period components on this machine.
I wasn't trying to date it, just showing the model :smile: :angel:

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
You have a nice looking Carlton. It should clean up quite nicely, are you going to make it look all sparkly or just a quick tidy up?
What l want to do is clean it up and possibly replace headset and bottom bracket bearings, try to deal with rusty chrome on forks ...how l don't yet know !!
Get as much info from all you experts and then go for a few gentle rides when the weather gets better.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
I think it was me that mentioned seat stays first .....That's what working in a bike shop in the 70's has done to my brain :smile:

Should have typed seat stay cluster or something similar lol

Shaun
Yes it was you Shaun that mentioned seat stays but if you had typed seat stay cluster l would have been none the wiser.
More pics coming soon !

Top Bottom