Carlton question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Im going off at a tangent here but parked outside my workshop actually more permanently resident is this odd little bike.
I think the "crank" (if thats the correct word) is made up of the letters HELYETT Anyone know anything about these bikes?
2017-01-14 12.59.36.jpg

Attachments

• 2017-01-14 13.00.24.jpg
    2017-01-14 13.00.24.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 63
Here are a couple of pictures showing before and after treatment with the gel. The stubborn bits just needed a light scrape with a screwdriver.

Attachments

• IMGP2358.JPG
    IMGP2358.JPG
    263.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMGP2360.JPG
    IMGP2360.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMGP2440.JPG
    IMGP2440.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 53
OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Good morning all, quick question, does anyone have an opinion about the bike parts people name of " bankrupt bike parts" they seem like the most helpful bunch !

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Yes thats them, glad to hear that they are ok. Not used to such helpful attitude like they have. Its a bit more "take it or leave it" here in France !

gilespargiter

Veteran
I also have used them a few times for one or two more obscure parts, perfectly happily.

wonderdog

All this suggestive talk ... I used the finest steel wool I could find to refurb my Carlton Cobra frame. Got to hand it to the people who did the original work because the chrome came up near as good as gnu and looks great with new decals. As best as I could figure, the bike originally had a lot of European bits on it ... Weinmann, Huret, Normandy etc ... so I continued with the theme and replaced the steel cottered bottom end with a nice period Nervar unit, Atom 600 pedals and five speed cluster, Mavic rims, Mafac bars. I removed the TD Cross five speed after blowtorching the spacers out of existence but, after a rebuild, may refit. Here's a pic.
Carlton Cobra.jpg

Top Bottom