Carlton Versus Holdsworth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robsa

Über Member
Well bugger me with a fish fork. That makes perfect sense. The times ive been tempted to hack them off

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
raleighnut said:
Could have been a Swallow, they have a metal plate underneath to reduce sag
they were/are Brooks most expensive model, mine is the 2005 limited edition one.
If you fancy a laugh go onto Brooks website and look at the price of the 2007 Swallow limited edition (the 2005 has sold out)
I think at that price I'll buy 3 . A bargain!

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
The saddle could be either, they look very similar and the width difference is only an inch @151mm versus 175mm (nominal size, they all vary a tad)
Is this a Brooks saddle that is fitted to this BSA?
030.JPG

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
="raleighnut, post: 3940771, member: 31454"]Nah that's one of those new things with a pressure relieving cut-out. :giggle:[/QUOTE]
Laughing apart I did notice on googling BSA T our de France pictures one of the bikes was fitted with a Brooks Competition saddle I do not know if it was standard equipment or a later addition.

Last edited:

robsa

Über Member
Yes, tough on the sit bones though

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
May well have been a Lycett Swallow[/
The name lycet seems to ring a bell, as to which bike it was on I am not too sure.
My brothers Carlton was black in colour with metallic blue bits on the seat tube and top of the chrome front forks. On the seat tube were Olympic ring transfers, and Capella lugs transfer. The brakes were Weinmann side pull and the brake levers were blue anodised. The rear derailleur was Campag and it had a single steel chain ring. It rode well despite it being too big for me.It was stolen in the 70's.

Top Bottom