Carp...I can't get my pedals off !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

I tend to take pedals off with the bike off the stand, always seems more difficult when the bike is on a stand.

Dave.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I've just been fighting with a pedal too. It's the right hand one, managed to undo it two turns, really tight, and now it has seized up and won't go in or out. I've taken the crank off and I am going to just soak it and hope I think.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
BTFB - ask away on here -proper virtual bike shop here - you'll just need a few big spanners and stuff.

I remember guiding Maz through some jobs - he was well chuffed, and if now pretty proficient in doing his stuff.

Remember pedals and the like, the thread is 'deliberately' the wrong way on the drive side so it doesn't undo -

Anti clock undo - for most applications, but drive side, clock undo (pedals). They undo in the opposite direction to axel rotation...and stuff.

Bikes aren't that tricky to look after - just be patient, and NEVER rush it....it's a precision machine that you rely upon...look after it, learn about it, and it will reward you with 100% performance/reliability !

Keith Oates

Janner
A good reminder for the pedal direction is with the spanner vertical, tightening on both sides is towards the front wheel and loosening is towards the back wheel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Keith Oates said:
A good reminder for the pedal direction is with the spanner vertical, tightening on both sides is towards the front wheel and loosening is towards the back wheel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top tip... can never bleeding remember which way is which

Top Bottom