Carradice Nelson Saddlebag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I've got one of these principally for LEL next year but it'll also be handling carriage for a few long rides this year. Just how waterproof are they? I started reading something about the fabric contracts when it gets wet or something and my eyes kind of glazed over. Basically if I put stuff in it, will it get wet unless I put it in a carrier bag first. The obvious main concern is that it's going to get a bit of a soaking being directly above the rear wheel.

Ta

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Don't worry. They aint the choice of most for no reason !

600km over 3 days, 300km it rained. Two Carridice Kendal cotton duck panniers and a Carradice Cadet cotton duck saddle bag with full camping gear. No issues.

Pigo

Take care to do it up properly & all will be fine. I have a Carradice (the big one - cant remember its name) & after taking something out in light rain I didn't pull the top over completely on one side. The downpour that followed left me with crinkled pages in my Wales guide!

Moby Jones

I recently bought a Carradice pendle bag and have to say i am very impressed with it. Yesterday my commute to work was pretty wet but the bag handled it well. Everything was nice and dry when i arrived at work.

Top Bottom