Carradice Saddle Bags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamG

Guru
I like the SQR Tour - if you've got a lot of saddle set-back, be aware that many of these options will have your thighs banging into them. A problem I've had previously but no longer an issue with a different frame.

Plax

Guru
SQR. I have it and it's fab. I bought an extra SQR block and can swap the bag between bikes with ease. Also it doesn't seem to rub holes in your bag like the bagman seems to have done with AlanW's.

I have the Barley and the SuperC saddlebags and it works wonderfully with both. Make sure you have the correct seatpost clearance (I think it is specified in the description what clearance you need for each type of bag). I favour my Carradice saddlebags over my Ortlieb panniers any day.

Plax said:
SQR. I have it and it's fab. I bought an extra SQR block and can swap the bag between bikes with ease. Also it doesn't seem to rub holes in your bag like the bagman seems to have done with AlanW's.

I have the Barley and the SuperC saddlebags and it works wonderfully with both. Make sure you have the correct seatpost clearance (I think it is specified in the description what clearance you need for each type of bag). I favour my Carradice saddlebags over my Ortlieb panniers any day.

+1 for the SQR, I've credit card toured with it on my mountain bike, there is a lot of seat post so no clearence issues (at least when my Carradura saddle bag is full). I also like the ease with which the bag lifts off, perfect for lunch/shop trips if you are worriied about leaving kit on the bike.

Lastly I like the way something as traditional as a Carradice works with a less traditional touring bike (big tubed aluminium Cannondale M800). :smile:

SimonC

Noodley said:
Transporting 'things' shouldn't be as complicated or as expensive as Carradice make it.

:thumbsup::wacko:

You ride a bike and you are complaining about things being complicated and expensive - thats the nature of the beast my friend.:biggrin:

You know this already.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Plax said:

+1

Highly versitile, transportable, easy on and off. Used with Barley and Camper Longflap. With the longflap loaded a bungy helps keep the weight stable when honking up a 25% on the big ring :thumbsup:

Top Bottom