Carrera Crixus stolen - Can't teach a 14 yr old other than by experience

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's this sort of incident that makes me think about a bike sting.

Leave a cheap bike with a cheap lock somewhere, but the wheels and brakes are accidently loose, because of course I'm intending to take it to be fixed.

Except of course I wouldn't do that as I'd feel too guilty in case someone innocent got hurt.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'd do it!

Drago

Legendary Member
Pretty sure most bike thieves don't have a van in their pocket. Some will, but not most light fingers.
Its a chance I'd be willing to take with a sabotaged bike .

mikeIow

Guru
I was in Leicester once on my ancient old bike, looking at cars.
Leaned it up against a fence, wandered about briefly, then had a policeman come up to me and say "was that your bike there?", pointing to where I'd left it.
I said "yes", looked, and it was gone :eek:
He said "don't worry, we were driving on the ring road & saw a bloke looking suspicious, we have him round the corner" :blink:
A two minute walk to the old Campbell Street Police Station, quick statement & I was on my way home. On my bike!

THAT is efficient policing :notworthy:

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I was in Leicester once on my ancient old bike, looking at cars.
Leaned it up against a fence, wandered about briefly, then had a policeman come up to me and say "was that your bike there?", pointing to where I'd left it.
I said "yes", looked, and it was gone :eek:
He said "don't worry, we were driving on the ring road & saw a bloke looking suspicious, we have him round the corner" :blink:
A two minute walk to the old Campbell Street Police Station, quick statement & I was on my way home. On my bike!

THAT is efficient policing :notworthy:
Well worth resurrecting this for that story, if only there'd been a watchful officer about when my son left his bike by the duck pond !

He still talks about it today and it has been a lesson to him to lock his bike, which he appears to have heeded.

Johnno260

Veteran

Leave a cheap bike with a cheap lock somewhere, but the wheels and brakes are accidently loose, because of course I'm intending to take it to be fixed.

Except of course I wouldn't do that as I'd feel too guilty in case someone innocent got hurt.

If someone takes it they’re a thief and not innocent, lesson learnt on the thief’s part perhaps.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member

Done quite elegantly here.

View: https://youtu.be/p-OwjoP96Rc

And here.

View: https://youtu.be/xHvPf_xdXEQ

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
The fact that he had a cable lock on the bike and could not be bothered to use it means you should take him outside and give him "A damn good thrashing"^_^

D

Deleted member 26715

The fact that he had a cable lock on the bike and could not be bothered to use it means you should take him outside and give him "A damn good thrashing"^_^
Yes because we all know a father beating up his son will teach him a lesson he won't forget

Top Bottom