Carrera Kraken 18 inch (New tyres and tubes)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Hi

Due to getting a road bike and not having the space for 2 bikes I am selling my much loved Carrera Kraken :sad:

Full specs and user reviews here... http://www.halfords....tegoryId_165499

I have had this from the start of the year and it has been a great bike that has taken me from not being able to do 2 miles to the shops, up to 50 milers around the canals of the west midlands. If you are looking for a bike that can do the same for you, whilst still being versitile for road and trail riding AND sensible enough to be able to take a rear rack then this is the bike for you!

I have had it from February this year and it was built by Halfords and hasnt been any trouble, just the rear mech barrel adjuster needed a few half turns in the first couple of months to compensate for new cable stretch.
Its an 18 inch frame, Im just under 6 foot with a 32 inch inside leg and Im towards the top end for sizing, perhaps would be OK for another inch taller, or 4 inches shorter. You are welcome to try it for size (or pop into a halfords and try theirs!)

I have just fitted 2 new schwalbe Land cruiser tyres and Continental tubes. The Land cruisers are a great tyre for a bike that can be used both on the road, and tow paths and trails. I have done around 80 miles on them, and they still look like new so I would expect them to be long lasting, and with built in puncture protection you shouldnt have many visits from "the fairy"!

The main extras included with the bike are:

Cateye Vectra Wireless computer
Bikehut Mini pump (Does presta and schreader valves)
Topeak Defender rear mud guard

Also included:

Bottle cage (Not pictures as it was removed while cleaning)
The original seat clamp (A quick release one is fitted to the bike now)
SRAM powerlink (1 on the bike, 1 in the packet)
TAYA quicklinks
Cable lock (Its not a great one, you will need better if you need real security. I only locked it where I can keep an eye on it, or it was at home protected but the equipment that I used to have for my motorbike, and other anti theift measures)
2 Spare tubes (On is slightly too big but will fit, and can be used as a get you home tube)

There are a few scrathces and little marks as to be expected from a used bike. The worst are where the pump head rubbed when I didnt leave enough spece for it when fitting the pump bracket (Now repositioned so no more rubbing), and some scratches on the diagonal tube by the bottom brackey. Also, the stickers on the forks are a little tatty but they have been like that from new. If it bothers you they are easily removed, and replacements can be brought from ebay.

I have tried to include all the information you could want, and be honest with the description. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like photos of anything specific on the bike.

With all the extras Im looking for £240, ideally to be collected from Walsall, near Junction 10 on the M6. However, If you are not too far off the M6 and not too far away (up to Stoke northwards, or down to solihull southwards) I might be able to get someone to drop it off to you.

Video of the gears indexing (Actual bike)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=rPjv76gAFa0

Photos

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg
Pump rubbed paint just under the word "TUBES"

9.jpg
But not really noticable with with the pump fitted

7.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

There has to be someone thinking about getting a bike for the new years resolutions!!!

Go on, you know you wanna!

OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

Sorry Mate, with the new tyres, tubes and the extras thats included, and with how sweet it runs this is worth the price.

I might be a bit flexible, but not £90 flexible!

potsy

Rambler
I'd have this if it was £90 less. :sad:

Bit above your budget 400bhp but I'd be very tempted if i were you.
Looks decent for the useage you want,almost put an offer in myself but already have a hybrid for when I don't want to use the roadbike.

OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

I had a spare hour and gave it a good clean up, I also used some "Supaguard" paint sealant, its the stuff that Mecedes-Benz use whan they life shine there cars, so it should only need a quick hose and spnge down to keep it looking good.

OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

Last bump before I get some mudguards and a rack and use it as a commuter

Top Bottom