Carrera TDF Ltd Edition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tudor_77

Über Member
I've seen the Tdf price move from between £369 to £199 since last January.....,my TDF isnt the limited edition version. Its rock solid dependable and I never have had a single ssue with it!

Yes it got decent reviews from bike radar as a solid and dependable bike which was fun to ride.

Big_Dave

The unlikely Cyclist
I paid £269 last month for my TDF yellow/model as it was 16 speed, they also had the 2014 model (14 speed) which was about £30 cheaper which I decided against because of it having a screw on freewheel rather than a cassette, I upgraded mine to 24 speed straight out the box and now upgraded to 30 speed, for a cheap bike they do ride pretty well, coming from a MTB of 15yrs and going to the darkside on a road earlier this year was a real eye opener, the road gearing took a bit of getting used to not having a 22T chainring on the front for the big hills, 4 months in on the road bikes and I'm just about getting on top of doing 50 miles rides with ease. going 3 x 10 was a big improvement.

Torvi

mr poopmechanic
ive meet a guy at work that also has carrera branded bike from halfrauds but his is mtb volcano or something, we talked a little and how i wasnt surprised that he told me about his problem with TADAAAAH his front derailleur has same problem as mine, he cant or it's very hard for him to go into smaller cog from outer, to be todays i fixed mine and offered him help because as he said halfrauds wasnt able to fix it and they even changed whole derailleur and increased amount of gears lol this shop seriously got some good mechanics xD

the even funnier thing is that it's really easy to fix. around 5 minutes of work :biggrin:

thunderlips76

climbs for cake
ive meet a guy at work that also has carrera branded bike from halfrauds but his is mtb volcano or something, we talked a little and how i wasnt surprised that he told me about his problem with TADAAAAH his front derailleur has same problem as mine, he cant or it's very hard for him to go into smaller cog from outer, to be todays i fixed mine and offered him help because as he said halfrauds wasnt able to fix it and they even changed whole derailleur and increased amount of gears lol this shop seriously got some good mechanics xD

the even funnier thing is that it's really easy to fix. around 5 minutes of work :biggrin:

So yeah I have the same problem on my carrrera Zelos, shifting from big cog to little cog isn't smooth, I have to press the thumb shifter and brake lever at the same time to drop the chain on to the small cog.......how do you fix this ?

albion

Guru
The word 'Limited' has changed in meaning over the years.

A 'limited' edition is usually more feature limited than any standard edition. That often applies to cars too!

Torvi

mr poopmechanic
it's easy :smile: all you have to do is to loosen down the wire from your front derailleur. Also if your chain is tearing by the derailleur metal frame you can adjust it really easily too. id do the photo or video but my phone is shoot, you can youtube it very easy.

here you go.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The word 'Limited' has changed in meaning over the years.

A 'limited' edition is usually more feature limited than any standard edition. That often applies to cars too!
I always thought " Limited Edition" meant the edition was limited in number. From a marketing point of view why would anyone go for something with fewer features (I assume that's what you mean) than the regular product?

Big_Dave

The unlikely Cyclist
Anyone with gear changing issues, if you can't adjust the the derailleurs to work correctly (i.e. you can get it to change up and not change down or vice versa) then the problem will be the outer gear cables compressing, I had this problem with my TDF until I fitted good quality outer gear cables (Shimano SP41) which I changed after the first ride out, not had a problem since.

Torvi

mr poopmechanic
@Big_Dave or just loosen down the cable abit, it also fixes issue (at least it did for me) :smile:

Coggy

So yeah I have the same problem on my carrrera Zelos, shifting from big cog to little cog isn't smooth, I have to press the thumb shifter and brake lever at the same time to drop the chain on to the small cog.......how do you fix this ?

I had this on my Carrera Zelos. After a while the cable stretches and it seemed to sort itself out. I don't have the bike anymore as I gave it to my son in law when I upgraded last month.

Top Bottom