Carrera Zelos project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dare

Hi, I've recently bought new Carrera Zelos to make it my commuter around city and some longer trips hard to do on mountain bike. Never had road bike before. All my previous bikes and current ones are mountain bikes.
I'd like to fit as wide tyres as possible there, full size mudguards, pannier racks for extra bags. My most important question is. What is the widest tyre you guys run on Zelos?

These are the mudguards I'm planning to use https://www.merlincycles.com/sks-ch..._medium=Affiliates&utm_campaign=skimlinks_phg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You're probably going to be stuck with the standard size 28c tyres if you want to fit mudguards. Put them on and see how much clearance you have, I suspect it won't be much. Hopefully an owner will be able to give you a definitive answer.

OP
OP
D

dare

Bike came with 28 and it seems like there is plenty room for bigger tyres. I found on forum one guy saying he fitted 32 but no mention of mudguards. I've added pictures for better idea.

IMG_20230510_171320.jpg

IMG_20230510_171256.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The critical area is in between the chain stays, looks very tight to me.
I should change the tyres anyway even if you can't go bigger as the OE will have poor puncture resistance.
If it's of any comfort I run 28c (up from 25c) on my Trek road bike here and they cope okay with tracks and trails that masquerade as roads.

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
the stock 28s that came with my vanquish were very narrow more like 25s and a bit rubbish for ride quality and grip .i now use zaffiro pro in a 28 which are a lot better.

As for gaurds if i remember rightly 28s were the biggest the review and 30s without .
Im currently using crud mk 3s as a gaurd
this photo was my stock set up , i have changed tyres and saddle since , the seatpost clamp is a special one that has rack points in as the fram ehas no upper rack points

Attachments

• carrera vanquish.jpg
    carrera vanquish.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 40
Top Bottom