Carrerra Virtuoso Headset bearings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Good day Ladies and Gents

I'm back again after a long absence (and putting on 6 stone in the process) and am getting the old girl back out the garden to lose some weight and cycle to work now its not a 45 mile round trip!

I've had to use a hammer today to get the forks out of the headset and pulled the bearings out to replace them. (i've also had to sand some corrosion off the stem as its been there a while!

I for the life of me cant find out the size to replace the bearings and am after your help.

I've measured the bearing cage with some calipers and still no closer lol,

Is is a standard 5/32" headset? i measured the cage as 33.7 mm inside, 40.15mm outer and 3.89mm BB's if that helps! i have been looking at these ones on amazon but am unsure -

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B019ZSFCVO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

i need to rebuild the rear hub and replace the cables all round but this is what i'm struggling with

Thanks in advance all!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I think so
i just bought pack from halfords with the grease included .

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I need to do the headset on my tdf next but im not sure if its a sealed one i cant see a clip on that one to get at the bearings , i have just been squirting aerosol grease in too keep it going

Top Bottom