Carrying spare tube, and puncture stuff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Pretty much what everyone else uses. I have a Topeak saddle bag with spare tube, levers, repair kit and multitool, and frame mounted pump/mini pump (depending on the bike). Topeak sell spare saddle clips so the bag gets moved onto the bike being used. Phone etc get stuffed in the jersey. I don't get any rattles from the saddle bag, probably because everything is wedged in so tight..

oiljam

Active...ish Member
Topeak micro saddle bag for me. Only big enough for one tube not two with multi tool, levers, gloves and patches

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
You could try a small framebag, either one designed for a triangular fit or one that just fits under the top tube. Velcro on and off, can take a pump and everything else you could want.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If you want a handy sized bag for your bits, that fits in the pocket, take a look on ebay for neoprene camera lens holder/bags. Only a couple of quid. I carry 2 tubes, two tyre levers, multi tool and a puncture kit containing a quick chain link, a couple of cable ties and a piece of sandpaper (handy as a tyre boot if the tyre splits). All this pops in the bag, and in my pocket.

Globalti

Legendary Member
You could try a small framebag, either one designed for a triangular fit or one that just fits under the top tube. Velcro on and off, can take a pump and everything else you could want.

Noooooo! The bag will fret and rub your lovely paint.

I use a trailer with a spitfire petrol 240v generator in, a couple of 110 transformers, 6'' & 10" angle grinders , a mig welder, tig welder, theodolite, tube of silicone sealant, double extender ladder, tile cutter, cement mixer and a cable tie!

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Topeak waterproof saddlebag, with puncture repair kit, tyre levers, spare innertube, spare powerlink for the chain, multitool, CO2 inflator & spare CO2 canisters. Never rattles at all!

I have a pump, spare gear cable, tool for getting tough tyres back on the wheel rims, spare seatpost clamp, two more spare innertubes, 2nd repair kit, spare multitool, cash, mobile, bandages, plasters, antiseptic cream, handwipes and Sudocreme and my packed lunch in my rucksack (a pretty small Deuter Race EXP Air)!

That way, if I pop out for a short ride without my rucksack, I have enough kit on me to get me going again. (I've had a number of gear cables and seatpost clamp bolts go on me over the years, hence the reason I carry spares!!). I keep more in my rucksack as I have it on every day during my 20-mile round trip to-and-from work, where there's more time for things to go wrong (and further to walk to get home / get help).

400bhp

Guru
If you want a handy sized bag for your bits, that fits in the pocket, take a look on ebay for neoprene camera lens holder/bags. Only a couple of quid. I carry 2 tubes, two tyre levers, multi tool and a puncture kit containing a quick chain link, a couple of cable ties and a piece of sandpaper (handy as a tyre boot if the tyre splits). All this pops in the bag, and in my pocket.

Why do you carry that in your car?:whistle:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I wedge the saddle bag in the downtube bottle holder leaving the under saddle free. Phone, reading glasses tube of sealant in back pockets. Always forget to carry money but take my bus pass. ( Can you take your bike on buses?)

Top Bottom