Cars and houses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

walker

Near where my mum lives, the house's there are roughly the same as you mentioned, and some idiot has gone and bought a Bentley Continental and stuck it on his drive, It looks friggin stupid

Blue

Legendary Member
Just noticed that you moved the decimal point in your OP.

I'm no longer impressed by the house ;)

OP
OP
simonali

simonali

Guru
Blue said:
Just noticed that you moved the decimal point in your OP.

I'm no longer impressed by the house ;)

I'd've been impressed, too, as that would make it worth around 3 million quid (I wish)!!

Blue

Legendary Member
walker said:
Near where my mum lives, the house's there are roughly the same as you mentioned, and some idiot has gone and bought a Bentley Continental and stuck it on his drive, It looks friggin stupid

I used to have a neighbour like that. He used to buy big, but very old, cars and work on them himself. Usually the cars were purchased from recently widowed women who were selling their late husbands car because it was too big for them. As a result of their age and a general lack of interest in such cars they were purchased quite cheaply. They did, indeed, look daft beside what was a very small bungalow.

abchandler said:
Any sentence containing '3' and 'ducks' should be banned. Sorry mr_hippo

if you park the three cars in a row one behind the other......:biggrin:

OP
OP
simonali

simonali

Guru
Patrick Stevens said:
No, a cheaper house. :biggrin:

Funny you should say that, I'm seriously thinking that this is the way to go with the next one to avoid paying that (3%) stamp duty bollox. I wanna get a sub £250K place and then do it up just to give the government the 2 fingered hand gesture they richly deserve! :sad:

Smeggers

Its like one of those maths questions...

If my car is worth 13% of the value of my house and my bikes are worth 4.4% of the value of my car. How much is a pound of potatoes in space?

wafflycat

simonali said:
A house up the road from me, which I would guess has a market value of around £200K-£250K, has a brand new BMW M3 (£51K) parked outside and the same goes for a few other houses in the area i.e. the cost of the car parked on the drive is equivalent to around 20-25% of the value of the house. Isn't that a little excessive?

I've just worked mine out and my car is worth 2.9% of my house. :biggrin:

Perhaps the neighbour's car is a company car?

Top Bottom