Cars with loud exhausts.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In my mind there is far too much noise in this world as well as pollution. That is why in my opinion many people suffer with stress and other problems. Just imagine going for a walk in the countryside trying to relax because perhaps you`d had a busy week at work or whatever and then comes along some joyriders or whatever else causes noise. That peace is ruined perhaps by one or two individuals.
We often hear the A14 traffic if the wind is coming from the right direction or if it is a still night. Usually it is just a roar or buzz in the background and acceptable. But then you get the load cars or bikes ( as others have said) and that is just a pesky annoyance. What can be done about it ? Move, because nothing else will happen.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
That's why I enjoy visiting the Alps. It's generally very quiet up there. Just now, at home, I heard a rhythmic heavy bass thumping, coming from the inside the car of some moron who thinks it's acceptable to drive through an otherwise reasonably quiet neighbourhood with his car's sound system turned up way too high. Whenever I hear sounds like that, I feel anger, stress and depression. It will be good to get away from it for a little while (I fly to the French Alps in less than a week).

Top Bottom