Carton Cage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicat

Legendary Member
All the news is from 2012 so I suspect it is no longer available. :sad:

Globalti

Legendary Member
How many of the cartons get thrown down by the roadside, I wonder? One thing that put me off in my brief experiment with mountain biking trail centres was the disgusting numbers of PET drink bottles thrown down by the trail, which can only have been bought in the cafe and thrown down by supposedly right-on, environmentally aware cyclists.

Last edited:
OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
How many of the cartons get thrown down by the roadside, I wonder? One thing that put me off in my brief experiment with mountain biking trail centres was the disgusting numbers of PET drink bottles thrown down by the trail, which can only have been bought in the cafe and thrown down by supposedly right-on, environmentally aware cyclists.
That is totally down to the rider and nothing to do with the cartons or the design of the cage. Its the same as gel sachets. I live in a very popular area for road cyclists. The amount of empty gel sachets we pick up is alarming.

GuyBoden

Guru
That is totally down to the rider and nothing to do with the cartons or the design of the cage. Its the same as gel sachets. I live in a very popular area for road cyclists. The amount of empty gel sachets we pick up is alarming.

At last plastic is getting a really bad press in the media, our cultural perception of plastic is that it's cheap and therefore throw-a-way. It's a superb product, but as a society, we need to retrain our attitude towards plastics.

Recycling plastic is not the only answer, a lot of energy is used to recycle plastic. Reusing not recycling plastic is a better solution.

If consumers were really concerned, they would lobby manufacturers to produce higher quality plastics that can be reused. :cuppa:

Top Bottom