Cartoons we need em . post your favourites here .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Can anyone name this tune?

1671738825157.png

No. Can't read a note.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
It's falling off the bottom. I think some horn players might need to familiarise themselves with a different clef.

Occasionally I'd see a bass clef part but almost had to write the names of the notes on it as lines under the stave is more usual.

Incidentally my retirement project is to start playing again, and hopefully get back into a band. Been to a few supposedly amateur orchestra concerts in Bristol, and the playing was very high standard indeed; fully pro level of actual music, though I dare say they're not pro level of doing a different gig every night, so was a bit put off, but also been to a couple of "church hall" concerts where I thought I might get a seat if I practiced a bit

winjim

Smash the cistern
Occasionally I'd see a bass clef part but almost had to write the names of the notes on it as lines under the stave is more usual.

Incidentally my retirement project is to start playing again, and hopefully get back into a band. Been to a few supposedly amateur orchestra concerts in Bristol, and the playing was very high standard indeed; fully pro level of actual music, though I dare say they're not pro level of doing a different gig every night, so was a bit put off, but also been to a couple of "church hall" concerts where I thought I might get a seat if I practiced a bit

I can read bass clef more easily than I can lines under the stave but that comes from playing piano. All the horn parts I used to play were treble clef. That was a long time ago though and I imagine I will need to wait until retirement if I want to take it up again.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I can read bass clef more easily than I can lines under the stave but that comes from playing piano. All the horn parts I used to play were treble clef. That was a long time ago though and I imagine I will need to wait until retirement if I want to take it up again.

If you need a new horn, have a look out for Tony Halstead. halsteadmusic.co.uk. Lovely guy as well as a top notch pro horn player. I bought an older and very reasonably priced Alex off him. His natural horn recording of the Mozart set of concertos is outstanding, and in my view the best available. As a lapsed amateur I obviously have Brain and (both) Barry Tuckwell's sets too.

Last edited:

slow scot

Veteran
Cartoons?

Top Bottom