Casco Helmet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Thinking of one of these as the visor is said to be usable over glasses.

Can the visor be replaced if it gets scratched?

Also I like the rounded shape which is less likely to cause your head to catch on something and twist violently in an accident.

Anyone using one care to comment. Ideally I would like to buy in a shop that I can try one on first.

What version of helmet?

Cronorider

I would recommend getting a spare visor at the time you purchase the helmet as spares may be hard to obtain later once the helmet has been discontinued.

Thinking of one of these as the visor is said to be usable over glasses.

Also I like the rounded shape which is less likely to cause your head to catch on something and twist violently in an accident.

Anyone using one care to comment. Ideally I would like to buy in a shop that I can try one on first.
Yes, the visor can be replaced if scratched
I've had my Casco warp sprint, for a couple of years, it's fantastic. I also had a Speed Time, but that got smashed up in a crash. Both superb helmets, the Warp Sprint is particularly nice, because of the Carbon Fibre sides.

https://m.probikekit.co.uk/cycling-...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CNTc6deIzdYCFeMg0wodWUIBZg

The lid.

https://m.probikekit.co.uk/cycling-...MIpZDq0ojN1gIV0TLTCh0mIgtYEAQYASABEgKZ_fD_BwE

The visor.

It's a great lid.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
The Giro Air Attack is nice too, always fancied one myself. And yes, you can get different/ spare visors for them.

david-millar-giro-air-attack-500x327.jpg

Cronorider

The Casco speedster TC caught my eye hopefully can find localish place to try one on.

Speedster appears to have venting while the Warp is not vented. Warp would be too warm for me on a hot day. I have a Giro Air Attack that I use when the weather gets cooler.

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

The only review I could find suggested it was slightly warmer than a helmet with bigger vents which could be enough to put me off '
Problem is no one is going to let me take one out on an all day ride to assess for myself.

Different people are different in hot weather I sometimes take my old well vented lid off on a long climb so maybe my tired old brain needs all the cooling it can get . My attraction to the Cosco is The high quality, the shape of it is less likely to result in a twisted neck in a crash . and a big bonus for me is the visor.

Cronorider

The only review I could find suggested it was slightly warmer than a helmet with bigger vents which could be enough to put me off '
Problem is no one is going to let me take one out on an all day ride to assess for myself.

Different people are different in hot weather I sometimes take my old well vented lid off on a long climb so maybe my tired old brain needs all the cooling it can get . My attraction to the Cosco is The high quality, the shape of it is less likely to result in a twisted neck in a crash . and a big bonus for me is the visor.

I know for me that my Kask would be much too hot for use as a 'daily driver' in the summer. On a long slow uphill in the sun it would be unbearable.

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

https://www.evanscycles.com/bontrager-team-segafredo-ballista-mips-helmet-EV303157

Found this one as a similar concept.
advantage is I can try one on in our local Evans. Still a bit concerned about the ventilation issue so may consider a bigger vent type helmet .
The new MIPS standard is supposed to reduce the torsional twist effect by allowing the outer skin to separate from the inner in a glancing blow .

I don't think there are many open vented types that you can fit a visor on though.

They do behave in a very 'neck friendly' fashion in a crash ( IME) I wrote the speed time off coming down a steep hill, at about 43 mph, the fit and design meant that it didn't 'whip' my neck, when I went head first into the tarmac.
The Casco lids are very well designed and put together, IME.

Top Bottom