cashpoints and bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Cab said:
Where might I find a cash machine that I can reach from my bike without pavement cycling?

my local sainsburys

Maz

Guru
Cab said:
Where might I find a cash machine that I can reach from my bike without pavement cycling?
That big Sainsbury's on Brooks Rd near the RAB, possibly.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't tend to have my bike with me when I use cash machines, but if I did I would just enforce my usual exclusion zone of 2+ metres. No male (or tough-looking female!) is allowed to get closer to me when I'm using the machine.

Someone I once worked with was smacked about the head with a blunt instrument just after typing in his PIN and his assailant then withdrew £250 (maximum allowed) and nicked his bank card. I've been very wary after hearing about that...

A couple of years later I was about to use my local cash machine. I looked around and there was nobody in sight so I entered my PIN, and had just chosen CASH WITHDRAWAL when I heard deep male voices from close behind me. I didn't turn round but the hairs on the back of my neck were standing on end as I waited for my cash to appear. The two guys were apparently just fooling about behind me, but my adrenaline was pumping. Suddenly one of the guys pushed the other and he lunged against me forcing me up against the machine. I went absolutely bonkers and turned round and shoved him as hard as I could and screamed "F*** off back over there, both of you - NOW!!!!". It was only then that I realised that the two young men were both about 6' 4" tall... They jumped back and apologised for bumping into me. They looked so shaken that I almost ended up apologising to them :biggrin:.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
fossyant said:
Colin, did you have those sunglasses on... ? Scarey !

Who, little old (well, middle-aged) me?

colin.jpg

Er, no! Story of the sunglasses here.

I am pretty big myself - 6' 1.5" and medium build, but compared to those lads I felt short! For the first half of my adult life I was taller than most people I met, but something weird has happened and suddenly the world seems to be full of giants :biggrin:! Must be something to do with consuming large amounts of junk food?

Don't be scared - anybody who has met me would tell you that I'm a big softy!

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

Rhythm Thief said:
I usually trackstand while getting money out. It confuses the hell out of the woman behind the counter in my local Barclays.

I tried this (or something similar) today, having reverted to clips and not wanting to get unclipped.

Don't know if it was the angle I put the card in, or the camera in the machine detected I was behaving strangely, but it refused to serve me putting up an out of order message. The lady behind also saw it while I tried the next one, but a few seconds later, it started working again for her!!!

Top Bottom